Post limits

Ive just been looking through some of the threads here and some are a bit unweildy now.

Id like to run a proposal through you guys that when any thread gets to 300 posts its closed.

A new thread can then be opened with almost the same title if necessary but I find it a tad daunting to read through a 400 post thread just to get the gist of whats being said in the last 20 or so posts.

Input appreciated.

I doubt it matters much.

(In the hope that you didn’t read one of those threads from the start :slight_smile: ) Only the obsessives and nutters are going to read such threads from the start. (Although it’s best for us if it’s a very long thread, as they won’t post their nonsense while they’re busy reading. :wink: )

The last 20 or so posts probably have little to do with the first one.

I’m inclined to think that any thread that still attracts recent posts, regardless of number of posts, should be left to run its course.

Splitting it off into another thread could kill the discussion and lose its history at the same time.

Mmmh, I’m just thinking about us closing one of PK’s threads and re-open it with a slightly changed title.
He’d call out “La revolución”!:smiley: