Posts from "Hello to all members"

Hi , i just register.
It’s a nice place…and quite interesting!
One question though…could we have our own Avatar? ( i already have one in the correct size…)

I haven’t chosen an avatar because I prefer to be unique.

how about the leader of your own country during world war 2?

Welcome to the site Percy

Welcome Percy!

Welcome Percy, if you already have your avatar in the right size, then you can send it to the admin, I think he will post it.

Hi All,
I’m new on this forum and I want say hello. This web is vety good. Sorry for my pure English.

Howzit, welcome! :smiley:

Welcome!! :smiley: :smiley:

wellcome! :smiley: !!!,enjoy this great forum!!! :wink:

good luck :slight_smile:

Hi Im a newb so go easy on me!

WWII was the first time the free world had to stand up to tyranny and so in this time we all now are facing right now, I think we must learn from our past our we are doomed to do it all over.

Prserving is what they did then, and praise be we’ll do it agin now.

Stay safe, Praise be, JT

Welcome John Thomas!

welcome! :smiley: ,i wish you a good time here,enjoy the forum,and feel free to put your oppinions

Erm, do you know whatt John Thomas means in English slang or is this a waah?

I have heard my name can be a source of amusement for limeys, but I deal with it, Im not shy.

What is a wahhh?

Man I see why IRONMAN gets confused now, we gotta stick together round you guys, you real sharp! :lol:

I have absolutely no idea.

great! now we are 2! :lol:

Waah? See wind-up, pi$$-take etc. A joke based on a statement or similar known to be either stupidly or irritatingly wrong or having two meanings for the purposes of extracting a serious (and preferably over-the-top) response which is amusing to someone who knows that the statement is deliberately design to elict such a response. In a fishing analogy, one can think of the statement as bait and the response as a “bite”.

Confused? Good :lol: .

This is mainly for Erwin’s benefit, to improve his English skills while weaning him off American English onto a more expressive version :slight_smile: .
It might help to know that “John Thomas” is English slang for a certain anatomical feature unique to males which gives rise to a few other slang expressions such as “drain John Thomas” meaning to urinate and “beat” or “throttle” and “bury John Thomas” which I will leave to your imaginations. :oops:

:lol:

Oi Erwin Argentina has just kicked Brazil’s Arse in the world cup Qualifiers well done. It’s about time you took your neighbours to the cleaners. Now go out toot your horn and get drunk.