PPSH

The Russian PPSH was a very cheap and very simple sub-machine gun that had a high rate of fire, and could also carry 71 bullets in a large round barrel. About 5 million PPSHs where built by the end of 1945.

The PPSH was an extremely effective gun and often complete units were armed with only the PPSH. It was also highly prized by the German troops, who whould use the PPSH instead of their own weapons. This was quite an extraodinary gun.

Below their is a link to a video clip of the PPSH with all 71 bullets fired (modern clip).
http://www.ppsh41.com/ppshmgp.MPG

Yes, it enough the quite good automatic device :slight_smile:

Wow those are some pretty good pics. Yet another simple but effective gun made by the Russians. I dont know alot about this gun however I will say that in just about every WW2 game ive played this gun is a pain to go up against.

very true! :lol: do u have Call of Duty United Offensive?

We play this game every day and night on a local network!!! :smiley: 8)

I did have COD UO untill i moved back to BFE. :cry: I have a T-1 connection at work but at home its dial up. And good lord it sux. COD could use a bit more on the realism i think however is loads of fun to play. I get totally get lost and lose all track of time. MUST KILL MORE :smiley:

ya COD could be slightly more realistic, but its a hell of alot better than Medal of Honor. That game was crazy, u would take on like 20 germans at a time all by yourself. :slight_smile:

right, (cough*) (cough*) back to history.

I wanna go to Russia and pick me up some surplus weapons one day. :smiley:

I think you can still get them today. http://www.ppsh41.com/ this is a link with some info about how to use your ppsh.

Im sure you can probably find them on Ebay too. Ive seen lots of WW2 weapons on there.

You welcome ! :smiley:

You welcome ! :D[/quote]

Dont forget to pick up one of the big furry hats as well. :smiley:

By the way, PPSH wasn’t one available Soviet SMG during WWII.
PPD (Pistolet-Pulemet Degtyareva), few versions, M1934, M1934/38, M1940.

PPD 1940.

PPD 1940 - top, PPSH - bottom.

PPS (Pistolet Pulemet Sudaeva) M1943

All SMG used 7.62x25 TT cartriges, blouback action, PPSH and PPS got only “full auto” mode, PPD can be svitched on “single auto”.

PPS was a best Soviet WWII SMG, maybe best in the World… Very cheap, durable, accurate, light weighted, with slow rate of fire (600 shots per minute/ 800-900 shpm has PPSH and PPD) - that make possible single shots without fire mode svitch. Most part of PPS produced by stamped steel and needfull metal was 1/2 from PPSH or PPD, as well as time to produce one (2 PPS/1 PPSH).

To be accurate, PPS(Suduev) appeared in 1942 and was used under Leningrad. PPS-43 - it is a modification.

Yes!,that mg was powerfull,an big rate of fire,russian weapons are very important today too.
(AK-47 is very powerfull and easy to use).

Yes Ak-47 very good gun, reliable, can go through any amount of dirt and it will still work. Also very cheap, a favorite amongst small rebel groups, and small armies. Possibley better that M-16, depending on the terrain.

How i know, South African Army today hawe in use assault rifle, based on AK-47 design, called R-4 ?
In 70’s Finland bought license and machinery to produce AK-47, refused by USSR Army in favor of 5.45 mm AK74. After few years Israel bought this license from Finland, a bit modified AK-47 and adopted it as Galil (today no more Galils in Israel army, how i know, mostly M16A2 and M4)
Later Israel sell license in South Africa.

Wich assault rifle is better - AK or M16… is it long and useless talk, i tought. I hawe enought shoot with both - AK47, AKM, AK-74 in Russia, in Army and during mine police service. Yes, AK is it very durable and reliable assault rifle, best assault rifle for army such russian. You can no care about this gun - just point it to enemy side, press trigger and AK will starting make “bang-bang-bang” immidiatelly. Is it really easy to disassembly, no small and very small detals, pins, linkages.

Rifles, based on AR15 design are different. They like care, they not like dirt. But in right hands is it good weapon too, comfortable, accurate and… reliable.
Yes, reliable.
I shoot with M16A2 enough to see it and i talk with army men, who used M16A2 - if you care about yout gun - it will be your reliable frend. For example, Israel army officer, who served with M16A2 five years sayd that he’s M16A2 never jammed or missfired during this years. But he say as well - if you dont clean M16A2 or just not wiped out grease after storeing - be ready for jams or missfire.

So, is you need gun for army, complected with unexpirienced men - you need AK for sure.
But if in your army serving professionals… let them decide wich gun they like to use. I hawe meet army’s professionals, who like AKs and M-16, and i can’t say now - this rifle is best and this rifle is worse. Good fighter kill someone with any rifle using shootgun slug, inserted in pice of pipe - win in battlefield is it not matter of guns, but fighter expirience and good commanders. With assholes in HQ everyone will lose war, independly of weaponary.
My choise is FN FAL - at least it allow me keep bad guys away, about 800 meters away before they can hit me with theyr Iran-made AKs. :wink:

i heard AK-47 is good @ firepower, while M-16 is good @ accuracy

From what I know, Id have to say that the Ak-47 is more effective in dense regions such as jungles and forests, because of its strong fast firepower, also since those regions have a considerable amount of dirt the Ak-47 would probably be more reliable at times. The M-16 when in open regions such as deserts, plains, because its highly accurate and would kill targets before the Ak-47 can get into an accurate range. The M-16 is no match for the Ak-47 in close combat.