Prague Offensive

5 may1945 in the Prague the Anti-Germans uprising started.
But the powers of guerrials were too weak against 900 000 Germans.
I know tha POA of general Vlasov has come for the help to Prague in 6 may of 1945.
However the main role in liberation of Prague has played the Red Army ( 1st, 2nd and 4 th Ukrainian Armies) ,- who forught for the Prauge in 8-11 may.
So i/m interesting - what was role of Vlasov’s troops in this battle ?
Was their help real essential?

Vlasov s help was rejected by the czech comunist partisans ( wich perceived him as atraitor) so I guess he didnt make much.

Perhaps he means some commander of the RKKA rather than the Vlasov who fought for the Germans?

This is some that I ve posted in the Topic “Russian Liberation Army”

Well i have to agree the ROA did not play the importaint role in the defence of Prague.
Nevertheless the Wiki is uncorrect again.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prague_Uprising
At this crucial moment, the anti-communist Russian Liberation Army (also known as Vlasov’s Army) turned on the Germans and joined Czech insurgents in the fight against the Waffen SS. Unlike the rebels, these forces were relatively well equipped and trained. However, it soon became apparent that Vlasov did not plan to stay in Prague during the entire uprising. Vlasov did not have the full support of the Czech insurgents and he was afraid that they would betray him and his soldiers to the approaching Soviets.

On May 9, 1945 the Soviet Red Army arrived in Prague. US Army units had been closer to Prague than Russians, and their reconnaissance units were already present in Prague suburbs when the uprising begun. However, the Americans did not help the Czech insurgents. Instead they waited for the Red Army to liberate Prague, as had been requested by Soviets.

As we know the Czech pro-communists leaders have refused the Vlasov’v help.
So it’s interesting - they certainly should refurese and american Help in this case- so why does WIKI write - the American simply “waited for the Red army to liberate the Prague”
This is obvious mistake and attempt to cover that the COMMUNISTS were in head of uprising.
The Czech communists have never volunatry admited the amaricans to the Prague , have they not?

Cheers.

Americans didn´t liberate Prague because of stupid line of demarcation! We, Czechs, had two resistance movements. Communist and not communist. In fact not communist resistance led Prag uprising. In Wasraw not communist resistance led Warsaw uprising, because of this fact Stalin stoped his soldiers and let Poles die. (swine :evil:)

Really…:wink:
So according your logic if Stalin sended the Red Army immediately (the first soviet tanks have arrived to Prague through 3 days after beginning of uprisinf) - coz it were the COMMUNISTS who organised the uprising;).
Coz he did not let to die the communist he let to die the non-communists in Warsaw?