proof that the germans had supplied the russians with artillery

during 1943 German out casualtied the Russian infantry 4 to 1, the major cause of infantry casualties during WW2 was artillery.

How does this demonstrate that Germany supplied the Russians, by which you presumably mean the Soviets, with artillery?

Artillery was also the major cause of infantry casualties in WWI and the Korean War, and will be on every conventional battlefield where infantry is opposed by enemy artillery structured on usual military principles and numbers for the scale of combatants involved.

Perhaps I should refrain - but I might also respectfully point out that the Soviets/Russians themselves were no slouch when it came to artillery. Tsar Peter the Great, an enthusiast for all things technological, was a great promoter of artillery in the course of the modernization of the Russian military, importing a number of expert gunners and cannon-founders to improve Russian production and use of big guns. By the War of 1812, the Tsarist army was second only to the French in the quality of its artillery, and placed its gunners in a position more “respectable”, relative to infantry, than was the case in most other armies of the period. Russian promotion of artillery development went on through the remainder of the Tsarist period, and into the early Bolshevik period. The Germans certainly supplied the Soviets with some small arms - handguns immediately come to mind. However, accepting that some specimen artillery may have come their way (and would have been gratefully accepted) the Soviets in 1941 had little to learn from the Germans about the production and general employment of artillery. Unfortunately for them, their detailed tactical employment was found wanting in this, as in many other areas. It did not take them at all long to catch up … I do not really understand the head comment. Yours from the Kremlin Arsenal, JR.

Slightly confuzzling thread

popcorn.gif

Do you mean to say that the Germans inflicted four times the casualties upon the Soviet Red Army as they themselves had taken from the Soviets, or do you mean that the Germans received four times the number of casualties that they inflicted upon the Soviets?
The Germans did have some very well made Artillery pieces, but so also did the Soviets. Perhaps not as sophisticated as their German counterparts, but every bit as effective, and fielded in greater numbers. Peter the Great as pointed out earlier in other posts, played a huge part in the evolution of Russian later soviet Artillery. He even risked his throne by taking all the Iron Church bells so as to have enough refined metal from which to pursue his development plans.
Aside from German Artillery pieces captured by the soviets, what other means were used to get German guns into the hands of the Soviets? I would enjoy hearing about it.

How clearly do you want it explained?

Read the first post.

Could it be clearer? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :wink: :smiley:

Oh, my mistake, I wasn’t wearing my insideout, and backwards glasses, now it’s all clear to me…

rofl3.gif

Okay, now that it’s clear to you, could you explain the first post to those of us who don’t have your magical spectacles?

Betcha can’t. :wink: :smiley:

These might help.

xray-glasses.jpg

I’ll ask this guy, he might know… otherwise, it would require the use of highly controlled substances to divine the first post…

10462492_10200270708967476_2934018174120085785_n.jpg

Or vice versa.

sorry I meant to say that the germans out supplied the Russians in artillery during ww2.

I have Huntington’s disease and this whole thread has been printed out by my son.

The Soviets produced more artillery than the Germans even if you include the captured stocks the Germans were forced to use (much of it Soviet Equipment).

German out casualtied the Russian infantry 4 to 1, the major cause of infantry casualties during WW2 was artillery.What If the Germans Had Captured Moscow in 1941?the Battlefield, Tow Soviet Artillery, mount Katyusha Rockets etc supplied though IRAN! hurt the Russians as much as the Germans.The Germans took the Soviets completely by surprise, advanced the Russians aren’t snow proof.German troops were within sight of Warsaw before the Russians regrouped and port which would allow Nazi supply access in a “partisan-proof” way for half of the years.The campaign cost Austria more casualties than Russia had suffered in East Prussia.Frequently, prisoner interrogation revealed they had covered 60km a day on poor roads and with poor supplies.

Property Management