Proudly made in France

The following link provides a full report with lots of photos and information about one of the most famous fighter aircraft of all time and certainly one of the most important to France in WW2. I hope you enjoy and I count on your visit!

http://aviacaoemfloripa.blogspot.com.br/2011/01/morane-saulnier-ms406.html

Another very interesting link, pampa14 - again, I very much regret that my rubbish Portuguese limits my ability to appreciate the text element. I would agree that the MS 406 was the most important “modern” fighter of the Armée de l’Air, considered in terms of raw numbers. However, it is worth noting that, in return for its respectable “bag” of German aircraft between late-1939 and mid-1940, it suffered huge losses inflicted by the Luftwaffe’s “Emils” and by ground antiaircraft fire. This was no doubt in part because its toughness and maneuverability did not adequately compensate for the fact that it was significantly under-powered and under-armed. Of course, inappropriate low-level operational tactics, not to mention the chaotic command and control system of the Armée de l’Air, would also have contributed to these losses. Variants produced by foreign states under licence - in particular, Finland - appear to have been more successful, largely because they addressed the under-powering issue and improved the armament, which was also deficient in the French-built models. Best regards and thanks again for posting, JR.

I like that plane. Wish I could read Portuguese too.

Τοο bad every article in this site is in portuguese!! Reminds me of an italian fighter the Re.2001 i think especially in profil looks. Mostly the fusalage and the tale!! Quick search many planes have the same looks…

Google Translate works well anyway, simply paste the URL of the page in portuguese.

I use google chrome as a browser, just right click on an empty part of the screen and choose - translate to (in my case English)