PZ 1 Upper Found in Russian Backyard

The family sent some photos of this little gem , don;t know the story of where or when ? My wife has said no to all my questions on how to get it home and to be the first on the block with a mini Panzerturn pillbox…:frowning:

pz%201%20%282%29.jpg

pz%201%20%283%29.jpg

You should tell her to consider it as an investment!:wink:

a 250kg tower like this one was stolen from a Danish museum recently. That´s how much people value this particular kind of scrap, tell that to your wife! She should consider it an investment!

Are you sure it’s a German tank? I don’t know why, but something about the tower looks Russian, I could be - and most likely am - wrong though…

But anyway, it’s definitely an investment, I’m sure not only Museums, but also Collectors would be more than willing to pay a good sum for it. They’d most likely pick it up themselves, too.

EDIT: Actually i think it could be a German light armored vehicle - don’t know its official name.

The little gem belonged to a Panzer 1 Ausf A/B, and is the upper part just missing the lower chassis.

nice find

Great find. Would be interesting to know how long it’s sat there.

I’d say at least 64 years xD

Its a PZ1 allright, they were made so the top could be removed. To hide the fact that the tanks were tanks. When inspectors came out they would pull the top off and all the was left was the “Tractors”, since germany were not allowed tanks.

Ill try and upload a photo I have of a pz1, you will recognize it immediately.

From the littlefield tank museum.

Rip Jacques Littlefield

wow. i love it. wish it was in my back yard. i daydream about building fiberglass mkiii. but then i am a German reenactor. a little off topic does anyone know where i can find a transcript of the German language sections of the Longest day? or for that matter the French ones too. i memorize long passages auf deutsch and Rommels speech seems like a good one to do

try to rip the German version of it.

Or just send the transcript of his speech to me, I’m happy about any translating-practice I can get.

saw a news paper artical about ten years ago with picture of a buried pz1 chassis dug up in germany during road repair work. real ugly but complete. it was immediatly scrapped!