question

i have wondered this and so has my dad why did the germans make a semiautomatic sniper rifle but thay did not make a semiautomatic rifle like the americans had the semiautomatic m1 grand

well i guess all they had to do was take the scope off

Read through the older threads, there’s a certain amount written about the G-41 and G/K-43

ok i will thx

Germans have Gewahr 43.

http://www.answers.com/topic/gewehr-43

The Gewehr 43, Karabiner 43’ (G43, K43; Gew 43, Kar 43) was a semi-automatic rifle of Nazi Germany developed during World War II, developed from the G41(W) but using the gas system of the Tokarev SVT40. The a program for a semi-automatic infantry rifle resulted in two designs the G41(M) and G41(W), from Mauser and Walther respectively. They both proved unreliable in combat when introduced in 1941, more so the Mauser, and only several thousand were made of each. In 1943 Walther combined the SVT40 system with aspects of the G41(W), which performed much better. It was accepted and entered service as the G43, and in 1944 renamed K43, with production amounting just over 400,000.

Tokarev SVT40 in CoD UO Russians have this gun ,is this that gun or not :lol:

The G43 and SVT-40 are completely different rifles

Hey I don’t say their same ,I ask is Tokarev SVT40 this rifle in CoD UO,just that.

Here’s a clue Clauss:

The G43 and SVT-40 are completely different rifles[/quote]

:wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good Question now i’m wondering about it

Look through the rest of the thread - there are some hints.
:wink:

The SVT 40 is a russian semi automatic rifle.
The germans just copied the gas system out of it.
There you go :wink:

By and large no matter what the German arsenal held the average grunt had a bolt action Mauser rifle vs the Garand. The WW I dictum for most every army was that if you give a soldier a way to fire more rounds at the enemy he’d squander ammo. Yeah, unbelievable. All the old pharts running things in the industro-military onclaves of the 1930s still thought things would be like 1915 in the trenches in the next conflict.

Luckily the Americans got over that or we’d have been reviving Springfield '03 production big time.

For wasting ammo the germans had the MG42 :stuck_out_tongue:
Or the Flakvierling.

That ethos goes right back to the first breech-loaders, and continued for a long time. Ever wondered why it took the US so long to adopt a magazine rifle and fought the Spanish-American war largely with trapdoor springfields?

And Springfield production was revived big time, but as a second-line arm.