Quick Question

Is it legal to own an AR-15 without a special lisence? is there even a special license?

I’m not from the US so not totally sure, but my understanding is that you need a special license (hard to obtain, and very expensive) to own any weapon capable of fully automatic fire. However, any AR-15 which is only capable of semi-automatic fire (i.e. 1 round fired for each time the trigger is pressed) is legal.

California has some additional rules regarding magazine capacity, but they presumably don’t apply to you.

If you’re interested, dare I suggest heading down to your local gun shop or NRA branch to ask?

No Lic required as long as you are over 18 and its not full auto .If it is full auto a $300.00 tax stamp is required and well as a background check and then its going to be the cost of the AR15 and in full auto I would bet they are above 10K in price .And now the feds have the right to come into your home day or night to see if your full auto in in the exact place you told them it would be in the application for the full auto Lic.