Quiz - What's that?

Do you know this armoured car?
Who produced it?
Who used it in combat?

Tip: Country which used this car in combat was on Allied side from start to finish of WWII

Enjoy!

Lancer44

This is just a wild guess as I’m at work.

French Panhard armored car.

every time a look at that pic i keep thinking British but i cant find any british armored car like that i found some close but not it

Swedish designed Lynx scout car. Also used by the Danes.

Swedish designed Lynx scout car. Also used by the Danes.

-[/quote]

Excellent George Eller!
This is Landsverk Lynx (PV M 39)
Danish Army had 3 of them in May 1940.

Construction is quite interesting:
Weight 7800 Kg
Length 5.1 metre
Width 2.3 metre
Height 2,2 metre
Crew 6 - commander, two drivers and three gunners
Lynx had symmetrical construction with two steering wheels and could drive forwards and backwards with the same speed.
Engine 142 HP
5 speed gearbox
Armour 18mm
1 x 20mm Madsen automatic gun + 3x 8mm MG
Maximum speed on the road 80km/h

Here is another photo of Lynx:

Hi american sniper,

Good way of thinking! Look very British in my opinion too.

Cheers,

Lancer44

wow nice find i didnt even think Swedish.

George hasn’t yet put up another pic, so I hope he’ll forgive me if I leap in with this one:

a) What is the 'bike ?
b) What is the main armament ?
c) Where were they used ?

(Lancer, this might be too easy for you - give the others a chance too please. :D)

B) A BESA?? maybe a MG43?
C) Yes

B) Not a BESA & I’ve not heard of a WWII MG43.
C) Yes to what ?

It takes ages to answer quiz questions.
Perhaps we can set up rules - no more than 3 days or so?

I think that this is one of Solothurn versions of antitank 20mm “Panzerbuchse”.

Bike doesn’t look Wehrmacht, guys on the bike to happy too be Wehrmacht…

I guess Swiss blokes on chocolate…

Cheers,

Lancer44

Sorry typo error. MG34
and yes to it was used.

I recognised the bike as a Nimbus, a four cylinders, 4-stroke danish motorcycle with shaft transmission, Google search reveals it must be a Madsen 20 mm. machinegun. I wonder :wink: if the lads wouldn’t be Lars & Erik (Danish Army)

Cuts was asking where was it used. Not if it was used.

a nimbus bike with no armement, but used as a weapon carrier in the desert warfare during the end of the first world war through to the middle of the second world war.

Close enough Jenkin.
The bikes & wpns were used to remarkable effect during the German invasion (or rather governmentally agreed occupation) of the country.

In your own time, go on.

Gues who is the good looking guy :smiley: (in the american uniform) and in front of which vehicle is he standing?

Gues also which side did it belong to i mean who was using it?

here is some exciting info for any one;
The Nimbus was an aircooled, four cylinder motorbike of 750 ccm with 21 hp.The four cylinders were in a row parallel with the bikes length, and it had shaft drive. It was, alongside with BMW, the first motorbike with telescopic forks. The framework wasn’t tube, but flat steel bars, riveted together. Topspeed was around 85 km/t with sidecar. The 20mm Madsen machinegun was a scaled up 8mm Madsen machine gun. The 8mm Madsen was developed in the 1890s, and adopted by the Danish army in 1903. It was one of the very first light machineguns, and at the same time very reliable. No one has ever used the same system as in the Madsen. The Madsen had a unique firing system and was rather expensive to make. Like the Nimbus, there were some national pride connected to it.

The gun was attached to the bike, it was in place of the sidecar. It wasn’t possible to shoot while driving, so the Danes adopted a hit and run tactic. It was possible to take of the gun, and use it directly from the ground. On the 9th of April most shooting was from the motorbike while stationary beside the road.

The Danish army fought German armored cars and PzKpfw 1 from motorbikes armed with a 20 mm Madsen machinegun on the morning of the 9th of April 1940. The fighting began at 4 o’clock in the morning that day, and at around 8am it was over. The Danes lost 13 men in the fighting, the Germans lost a total of 13 armored cars and two PzKpfw 1 tanks. German Messerschmitt 110s attacked the Danish airforce, which was concentrated on a single airfield. Only one Fokker CV became airborne, and immediately shot down, the rest of the proud Danish airforce was destroyed on the ground.

It was used by the American army and I believe the person beside it is General S. Patton. Am I right.
P.S. Next time wait for the person who got it right to post a question. I believe it was Jenkin that got it right. So you should of waited for him to post a question. No big deal. Then you will know next time.

True, I was waayy off, my bad.
The ball is your’s Jenkin.

Well you can post a question if he does not reply for a while. I am just saying give them some time to post a question. Then if it feels forever since he or she has not replyed back a question. Just go ahead and post a question.