Rank

I was thinking, since the Admins are in the General’s ranking and our Chief Moderators are in Colonel, why can’t mod’s have the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or Major? And our rank title can be Mod. :? Good idea or bad?

By the way, incase you didn’t know, in the US Army, silver signifies higher rank. With that being said, the Silver Oak Leaf is LTC (Lieutenant Colonel) and the Golden Oak Leaf is MAJ (Major).

I like your idea mate, perhaps a medal for mods that isnt American though, maybe UN ?

Its a possiblity but you have to set it as a special rank. For instance Me FW Dani and SAM wont advance in rank due to posting. An admin has to bump you. So…1 Ill think about it. 2 Youll be that rank for sometime.

Fair enough General. :slight_smile: im happy.

Yes, indeed fair enough. Anyway, to Cmndo Jordovski’s idea of a United Nations rank I kinda figured that this site was made using American ranks and it would seem more uniform that way (to continue using them) :?

No problem, just a thought :smiley:

I have obviously been reading through all of the Mod topics today after being appointed to Mod status.

I think that it may be an idea to appoint all us lesser Mods as Majors, or maybe a distinct rank, like Commisar etc.

Basically, something to denote we are Mods. I know I have mentioned this on another thread as wel but I really do think that every user should know right away in the forums who is a Mod, I think it makes our job easier and readily shows our authority.

Any thoughts?

I agree with this. I think it should be made clear who is a mod and isn’t expecially when dealing with newcomers who seem to be making allot of problems. I’m sure the’re many ways of doing this, it doesn’t have to be fancy.

k Im made one for you guys…how does Captain sound?

Thanks Gen-S, anything really that as SAM says lets new guys especially see who is a Mod is OK with me.

Editted to add, that is Cool General, thanks for your swift acooion there.

Well Ill let you guys know this so if you happen to reach those marks let me know and ill bump you. THIS INFO IS “NOT” TO LEAVE THE WAR ROOM or you will have Gen. Sandworm’s foot in your ass. This is the the rank list.

Private 1
Private First Class 5
Corporal 20
Sergeant 50
Sergeant Major 200
Second Lieutenant 1000
First Lieutenant 2500
Captain 5000
Major 6000
Lieutenant Colonel 7000
Colonel 8000
Brigadier General 9000
Major General 10000
Lieutenant General 11000
General of the Site(4star) - Special Rank
Supreme Commander of the Site - Reserved for ww2admin

The reason for such the large gap between 2nd to Capt. is because I dont want flooders to reach such a high rank. The high ranks are reserved for members that have been around for sometime. I figure a flooder would become disenchanted after posting almost 5000 posts with one promotion. Where as a person serious about the site doesnt really care about his rank so much. Also I want the the site to last for awhile so I dont need 50 Major Generals by the end of one year. :slight_smile:

So to you new mods that just got a promotion sorry but it will be awhile before you get another.

I think it is a good idea to space the ranks out like this. As you say, the flooder will be discouraged. How many guys already make bone posts just for the sake of gaining rank? A few I think.

Anyway, I’ll let you know in about 3 years when I reach Major level!!!

LOL yea and you can pat me on the back when I reach Lieutenant General in 6.02739726 years.

LOL yea and you can pat me on the back when I reach Lieutenant General in 6.02739726 years.[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Nice Gen.Sandworm & Firefly. Captain has a nice ring to it by the way :smiley:

OOOH I KNOW THE PROMOTION LIST!! :twisted: …just kidding! :slight_smile:

Why dont you make General a reserved rank for Moderators or just a Special Rank that isnt achievable by posts. :?

Why dont you make General a reserved rank for Moderators or just a Special Rank that isnt achievable by posts. :?[/quote]

Well thats a long way off. Right now is good. Ill try and keep mods and admins above normal members. It will be quite sometime before any normal member reaches the rank of Capt…Erwin is closest but not sure if he will be back for awhile.

Sounds good to me, the rank thing has never bothered me anyway. Im not so sure we will see Erwin back again until he is drunk again!

I see Jan has posted again.

Questions arise as to his inflated rank from so little posts?

Any answers? 516 posts and a 1st Lt.

What do we tell the moaning masses when asked as his real rank according to his posts should be Sgt-Major.