Real photo of Russian snipers...?

Hi, all. First post here. Just came across this wonderful site yesterday and am very glad I’ve found it. A few days ago, while I was looking around for some information on snipers, I came across this image of two Russian snipers/soldiers on a blog. I asked the blogger about it, and he said he couldn’t remember where the photo was from or how he got it. Actually, he said he was pretty sure it was from this site. I did some Googling and looked around on here but couldn’t find anything about it.
Anyhow, two fairly simple questions:
Any idea/way to find out if that’s a REAL photo from WWII? I mean, it looks pretty darn real, but it’s a very stunning photograph if it is. Well, even if it isn’t, it’s still a neat picture, but… Anyhow. Any idea if it’s real?
And secondly, if anyone might have some more info on it/know where the photo is from, I’d love to know.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

blog female snipers.jpg

This photo is definitely not in our Soviet Forces album, I’d remember it.
Although the Red Army had entire units of female snipers I kind of doubt a professional hairdresser was part of those.
So I tend to call it a modern photo…

That’s kind of what I figured. Admittedly, I’ve seen actual photos of the female Russian forces and some were quite pretty and their hair was particularly well done, this was a bit…well, not as convincing. Still, I’m curious as to where it came from and am not 100% convinced it’s either real or ‘staged’ until I find out where it’s from.

And thanks for the fast reply. :slight_smile:

Looks like an image taken from some film, doesn’t look like a genuine WW2 photo.

Not sure if this link will work for you but it lists a few places this image has been posted.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbs=sbi:AMhZZiu21_1RHkDhdJbIy9YXqoZYl4utpwX-9Pm5BMD-aIG7I8kUypeH0tZnlypLY0pl3fhXBeE5xqXZaN8afstS95_1Vp19Ei5E8-CJFQ0nTrN99YMl8tg2POgc-5o7Fg2d9w7jk9ymk7KZfbZ3KobJnhYs9SfdTfx99F1zGALT6IunTKZ7HezNsfB1--lY3JPAH4l6lAppzUQJYLsD02SDTm-Su9nPwUTeZr4Hxm-zTjS9_1nak88Z1ffbOA7f06oTO6rucGIV1KQsR1wdBsIKG3S_1nOh7bbwOxROmv0AOqt6RoqfQvrA6rz8ASgn3Z6Wn24OouVO9zgO-H5_1DFzKxeDUNzFdHO0pPAF4qxqDEJjYYt97I1ADOBTSLrDbCEM0W1qWsoqg2SfUu6rbIm4b3qg_1CtvgO9NKynNI2lCH9Fb6SBrH0j0YUeV-BGwl4dq9qIV71LTI-AO65Z_1_1L2xKU-2Nf7QPHqp7nBD8TGgwK_1_12ssYl1c9KpMjUB_1jNBYO5mGxnMT2FhoAREuObpuUXSPq5uow-OY7EONn_1wIk4Y6jpKmJJaZLxv0Kx_1pckV07wWGps64gdh-tWGQ4L_1QDLIo938JOS7XtnbTbBDMdfr6W_1fEZxV0QhOkktIHIOSuRPbuigYkTwniPG03SF0hdRl-ntXxzIDxsA-yUUnwX7DE7Mfs6dSvzl8R7AAXhUgHocjxmhdQN1aHU96uGKmXceF-pPjzTEH8CI6ktpK6EAP1jHDKMlb0BEFEUSGHRR7DKWrj9tPP0TUyzK9jqL39UQIX8jt2spaHuA0ELlUVNN-s78m2Ms7hzMu3KvrXaiKawL1yDOa0oY5Iymdp6kRuvndXWxMlecGnHjwXfYGuyy7_1is7fmflY-p0c1anW3zGA9U0SQ-Mm3ceT1_1LrxP25BscXL91h1UeBkDnJJB92ypJIYprJf_1Ax_1_1e1RHr2cFPDYx183ktoCqMhphDszSmMKaVAbrtluFrQT1nqiulk0bTv3XIAxtjkvw4VE2xVcs49wlCGlEJJsuzm2P5r4_1KvxEgPBAMQFLme9NIG_1guAC9Ym9cJ9rG9KYrigySmAcLapdMYIzZTZ6SKSg5hz8f8CkTfEHb749EPNDErYSh5Gy0HmpQApoPdAhjGMFjlG1dSMuAUcL0VCMNPv-oAQtOziUiIcR2h16S1dulpgT9EBdqwamiI6depjesFvqnHvFdUJ-3E_18NVu2-Tu0aoodUdpFuJtYUd93qkITsenD8sInE8RuP5unzCyBhyevdQYv7tUml-HYyVTivNvIzSGZXa4B-qh_1z-WbOCvGaiKAap7JgnU6JnXN1SkzXByo&prmd=imvns&ei=N1kxT7vDA4XF0QWS-7y4Bw&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&biw=1065&bih=1099

Thank you for that. Actually, I already tried the image search on Google and nothing really provided any info. Hmm…

Well, no luck in finding anything conclusive. The few places I saw that had any relevance were forum posts talking about how the snipers would wear their hair. To be totally honest, there’s some photos I saw which are undoubtedly real (And I’ve seen some before, as well), and I’ve gotta say… The way their hair is in this picture isn’t that over-done, considering I’ve seen other real pictures with women’s hair just as nicely done.
Also, everywhere I have seen this picture, it’s always thrown in among quite a few real photos, as if it was one. Shrugs
Still not 100% either way…

Unfortunately our most reliable Russian members, Egorka and Chevan, are not around lately. Maybe they could help you…

I’ll have to keep an eye out for them, perhaps. Thank you.

Hi Wolf, I have sent P.M.'s to them both, so perhaps you will get some help with the picture. Good luck, T.G.

Thank you very much, tankgeezer! :slight_smile:

Oh, really they are?
Sorry , FTG, we need some tactical pause to re-group before the beginnig of new summer counter-offensive. You know how it is!!:slight_smile:

Hi Wolf.
Is it real? No way.Did you see how the real female snipers of that period look like?The blond in front seems more cares about how sexual she is looking before cam then how god she really shot. They both definitelly actress from modern film or Tv serial. Which one? Well, i suspect this.

Yeah, as FTG stated, the hair and makeup probably was not standard Red Army issue…

Good to see you Chevan!

No, this picture is fake
Under ww2 Russia have around a thousand female sniper (I think some was very hot hahaha)
Check it out: http://englishrussia.com/2012/03/08/outstanding-soviet-female-snipers-of-wwii/

i missed you too Nicki:)

Wow, i don’t stop to wonder of this forum.
I didn’t know, Imi, the Ludmila Pavlichenko has been invited to US with a special propogandic mission.
Her effective speech “Gentlemen, I am 25 years old and I have killed 309 fascist occupants by now. Don’t you think, gentlemen, that you have been hiding behind my back for too long?" sounds too bold and unfair , but i think was aimed against mainly american “isolationists”.

I don’t know too much about the soviet snipers, but Russia was one of the greatest in snipers under WW2 (especially in women snipers)
Pavlichenko and Zaytsev was popular, but other snipers like Okhlophov are also great (some sources talk Okhlophov record about 1000+)

Natural blondes… I liiiiike. Very niceee!
These are the SS female snipers in RKKA disguise! It is clear as moon light!
Well this is my best guess any ways.