Recomedation

I am looking for a game that you would recommend me about ww 2 . Not MOH , COD , T-34vs Tiger , Faces of War , IL-2 , COH … :slight_smile:

Panzers Phase 1/2/3, Blitzkreig, Blitz: Rolling Thunder/Burning Horizon… :slight_smile:

Well nice but i forgot to add the Blitz i already played it , but i will look for Panzers Phase 1,2,3 thanks :slight_smile:

I highly recommend: ‘Steel Panthers WW2’

This is a turn based battalion level game. You control individual tanks and vehicles, and troops are controlled/moved in squads (about 10 men).

A fantastic game with a lot of depth.

You can download it and play it for free.

Here’s the link:

http://www.shrapnelgames.com/Camo_Workshop/WW2/WW2_page.html

cheers,
Saxon

Thanks Saxon i will give it a try too :slight_smile:

Well, have you tried Brothers in Arms? They’re usually pretty good. If you’re in for hard-core strategy simulations, try Officers. It’s really hard, though, I never got a hang of it.

I second that.Campaign mode is a very strong and enthralling story driven game.
The MP in the last game(the 3rd) was a huge disappointment though.

I was actually extremely pissed at that. I played it for a good 2 weeks before I decided that, as much as I wanted to like it, the MP was just unplayable from a technical perspective…

Oh yes i saw that game here but never got it a try , maybe it’s finally a time to try it :slight_smile: I think they are 4 actually Brothers in Arms: Hell’s Highway , Brothers in Arms: Deadly Road , Brothers In Arms: Earned in Blood , Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30 , i guess all of them are good or maybe you can recommend me ? :slight_smile:

I think “deadly road” is only on the Wii?or DS?Ok I think deadly road is not an erm “official” BiA game.Lol
Anyway on PC you can find RTH30,EiB and HH.the first two are dead cheap and the multi on EiB was very enjoyable.
Story wise you play as Matt Baker of the 101st Airborne div,on EiB you play as Joe Hartsock who had a minor role in RTH30.
They both take place in the first 15 days of the battle of Normandy.
HH is in Holland during Market Garden and you are back in the shoes of Matt Baker.
@schuultz:I was in gearbox forum before ,during and after release of HH and 90% of all the regulars were really upset by the whole mess.Can’t blame them really.

Ivaylo, you could try the Combat Mission games. Number 2, Barbarossa to Berlin is really good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combat_Mission_(computer_game_series)

Seems interesting i will try it after i finish RTH30 :slight_smile:

Finished RTH30 what can i say … outstanding game really , i think anyone should play it Thanks to Shuultz and Kamehouse for the tips :slight_smile: Now it’s time for Barbarossa to Berlin and Panzer Phase in the meantime anyone can recommend something :slight_smile:

Wow, Ivaylo, you really don’t seem to get sick of the theme too quickly, do you?
Usually after I played 1 -2 WW2 Games in a row I need a break and a change of theme, it just gets so boring after a while! :smiley:

LOL don’t worry Schuultz i am ok , of course i don’t play only that , also i mix the ww2 theme games with FIFA09 , Cossacks and so on :wink:
But simply love the ww2 games just there is no better way for me to get into these times while also enjoying to play :slight_smile:

Well, when you need a break of WW2, I can only recommend Left4Dead. Currently playing it, and I love it. Great game.

Well i saw it’s preview and sorry but not my type of game , but because you recommend it i will give it a try :slight_smile:

And what about Soldiers: Heroes of WWII, Faces of War and upcoming Men of War? These games are also very nice and interesting :wink:

I already played Soldiers:Heroes of WWII , Faces of War and brought the new Men of War ( excellent game from what i played ) :slight_smile: But thanks for the recommendations :slight_smile:

You can try Officers and Order of War