Reference question from FW-190 Pilot

FW-190 Pilot, I have just seen that you’d asked me the question below on the “So why has Bluffcove been banned ?” thread at 9:56 pm on Wed Dec 21, 2005.
Unfortunately the thread has been locked so I am unable to answer you there.

http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=34678#34678

I don’t always receive a notification of PM’s sent and only saw yours when I ventured into my Inbox page.
Your PM had a DTG of Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:55 and I answered it as soon as I had read it, viz. Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:48 pm, ie before you posted the question above.
I notice that this PM to you has still not been picked up at Thu Dec 22, 2005 4:54 am, I imagine for the same reason that I was unaware of yours to me.

I hope this clears the confusion up.

By the way, any IP tracer will at the very best only give the terminal from which the post was made, not the person who actually makes it.

Bluffcove generally posts from a location where there are approximately six hundred (600) other people who have access to the termnal.

Apart from this there are a myriad of IP cloaking programmes and devices available to anyone who wishes to do so, indeed British Telecom, the largest public telecommnication firm in the UK, offer the facility to anyone who uses their services.
Personally I think that they are a very good idea due not least to the amount of internet related crime, for example someone monitoring a particular user would, depending on the eqpt used, be able to gain an insight into the routine and location of that user, a particularly thorny subject for those with Persec to uphold.

Merry Christmas to you and yours FW, and indeed all users of the site.

How you figured out that Bluffcove was banned? I suppose that he e-mailed you recently.
Now please check Bluffcove latest post date. If you can’t, I’ll let you know: “Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:56 pm”.

How comes that if Bluffcove wanted to post after 4 months break (!!!) and saw that he is banned he didn’t send an e-mail to admin/mods???

He knows very well that he breaks the rule of 2nd (or more in his case) account that’s why he asked you.

Topic locked.[/quote]

Could you give me some answers, thinking of your recent post?

How you figured out that Bluffcove was banned? I suppose that he e-mailed you recently.
Now please check Bluffcove latest post date. If you can’t, I’ll let you know: “Posted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:56 pm”.

How comes that if Bluffcove wanted to post after 4 months break (!!!) and saw that he is banned he didn’t send an e-mail to admin/mods???

He knows very well that he breaks the rule of 2nd (or more in his case) account that’s why he asked you.

Topic locked.[/quote]

Could you give me some answers, thinking of your recent post?

[/quote]

PM sent.

Cuts

Why was Blufcove banned?

Well he was considered by many to be the Brit version of Ironman. He was a subtle troller and only came here to argue, mostly with Ironman and Erwin.

He was warned many times for his childish behaviour towards others. Now you may say this isnt true, but recently he came back with 2 new accounts as well as another he had from before that he created at about the same time Bluff Cove was created, thats 4 seperate accounts.

Now, you may say X-pence was not him. However, you also say that he is somewhere that 600 other guys can use the PC. Well it cant be in the Army can it? This is from x-pence:

Hi lads and lass’es, I am a 16 year old British Empire enthusiast but I have a problem that I think you gents can help.

So where is this place? A school, a library? Also, it didnt take x-pence more than 6 posts before he returned to the same style he used before.

So are you saying that Bluff has been the victim of circumstance and that he shares his account with a sixteen year old from Warwick and Master of Puppets, who incedentally used this account at various times including 12.45 am! No library opens at midnight in the UK and as schools close about 5pm latest I took the time to find out about Warwick Library:

http://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/Web/corporate/pages.nsf/Links/D990E9BD0FA118C780256A1B005333B3

So you see how difficult it is for us to believe they are not the same person, notwithstanding the IP.

Yes he did troll in the past, and I believe he was spoken to about it.

As an aside, 600 other people with access to the system could well be the army, as most camps have round the clock pc access these days, even on Ops.

The logic is good up until the point where X-pence’s gen is taken as gospel.
If he, (X-pence,) is trolling then he is unlikely to post the truth so theories based on the opening times of libraries are untenable.

If I take it that the 0045hrs slot he posted at is GMT then I see nothing unusual in that.
I have a number of friends whose teenaged children have their own pc in their bedrooms, and most adolescents are to a greater or lesser extent rebellious of what they see as petty rules - such as bedtimes. :smiley:

However I do understand the difficulties faced by the admin of the site.

SO what is Bluffcove doing in the guys bedroom? You said that 600 guys had access to it. Bluffcove is not in the Army though.

If I take it that the 0045hrs slot he posted at is GMT then I see nothing unusual in that.
I have a number of friends whose teenaged children have their own pc in their bedrooms, and most adolescents are to a greater or lesser extent rebellious of what they see as petty rules - such as bedtimes. Very Happy

As far as Im aware terminals for the Army are not usually sited in one guys bedroom.