Replica

Hi

I know the law says now, that I cant be sold a replica weapon by a dealer, unless I fit a criteria, my question is, (1) his it against the law for me to have/own one, the reason I’m asking, a re-enactor told me that he would get one for me, I already own a deactivated WW1 SMLE 303, which I have used in exhibitions at schools, one coming up again soon, I’m not a idiot that would carry it around outside, (so can I have/own one), any help on this.

Chunky

Knock yourself out:
http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/firearms/

Deactivated weapons are fine if you’ve got the paperwork to prove it. Replica weapons are a bit more dodgy - a re-enactor has a legitimate purpose for having one (“the organisation and holding of historical re-enactments” is a valid defence to the charge), but you’ll need to read the guidance to see if you do or not.

Thank you pdf27, for your information, yes I do have my deact certificate for my SMLE, I always take it with me, when its taken out of my house, without one, its still classed has live, in the police eyes.

No I don’t come under a criteria, has to a dealer selling me one, but dose this mean I can’t own one, that say has been bought for me, of given to me. On the other hand though, if I kept it in my house, then no one would know I had it, the only problem I have, his, the rifle I want, which his a M1 Garand, I want put on display, with my other items, at next years 70th D-Day Anniversary, (problems, problems:confused:)

I fired both my WW1 Enfield and Garand off my porch into targets across my pond yesterday.
Also a Luger, P38, Radom, and others.

For now we pretty much retain that freedom.
There are those who want to change that.
Sorry for you guys.
Hope not to be joining you.

[QUOTE=forager;190677]I fired both my WW1 Enfield and Garand off my porch into targets across my pond yesterday.
Also a Luger, P38, Radom, and others.

Hi forager. I fired my SMLE to, well I said Bang Bang:oops:, ;), I’m looking to get a M1 Garand (deact), what year is your Enfield, lets see a photo, here’s a photo of mine:

RIFLE 1.jpg