Reported Post by Nickdfresh

Nickdfresh has reported a post.

Reason:

This idiot keeps asking the same question…

I don’t know if he’s just young, or an annoyance troll. But his AOL Proxy IP has been used by many others here, including pdf27. :smiley:

Forum: Off Topic
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: Fmgnl
Original Content:

Can you tell me how to get promoted? please.

Can you help me get promoted?[/quote]

Just another garden twit…

P.S. can anyone tell me how to get promoted - in real life.

Civvy or Military?

Hmmm, something in-between. I’m in corrections.

In that case I have no frikking idea.

Oh, and reading that reported post again it reminds me of someone who ended up banned a while back for repeatedly posting to try and get a higher rank. Didn’t they keep PMing us asking how to become a moderator as well?

Well, after being on the job for more than ten years now I experienced it’s basically about making coffee for the appropriate people.

Oh, and reading that reported post again it reminds me of someone who ended up banned a while back for repeatedly posting to try and get a higher rank. Didn’t they keep PMing us asking how to become a moderator as well?

Wouldn’t that be this colonel hogan/gunny sgt. brat?

That might explain why you’re not rising, or are rising without being promoted. :wink:

In UK and some colonial English usage, “on the job” is a colloquialism for having sex. :smiley:

“In the job” avoids misunderstandings.

:oops:
Maybe I should really try this option since our new warden is female.
However regarding her looks and age it would still be difficult for me to rise…:lol:

I wouldn’t have picked you as a teacher. :wink: :smiley:

I see I will have every single post of mine checked by a professional interpreter here.:wink:

Out of professional interest, are you in a male or female prison?

Are German prisons run by the government or by private contractors as ours are?

They’re still run by the Ministries of the Interior of the federal states. However in some states there are tests with private security companies. Fortunately not an issue here (Northrhine-Westphalia) yet.
Just imagine a bunch of guys running around in a hi-sec prison earning 5 Euro the hour and some inmate offers him a hundred for bringing in a bottle of booze, 500 for a cell phone, drugs, weapons etc. pp.
Not a place where I want to do duty…

You’d be well advised to keep away from them.

We have prisons and immigration detention centres run by private companies, which rely on minimum wage idiots (some of whom, notably in the immigration detention centres, wouldn’t have been out of place in a Nazi concentration camp) for much of their work.

Then again, even when they have good and concerned staff the companies and governments don’t take any notice of them where dollars are involved.

Aboriginal elder arrived ‘with third-degree burns’

Debbie Guest
March 17, 2009 07:47am

AN Aboriginal elder who died in the back of a prison van arrived at hospital, unconscious and with third-degree burns, an inquest has heard.

Lucien LaGrange, who was working in the emergency department of Kalgoorlie Regional Hospital when Ward arrived in the non-airconditioned van, said a blast of hot air hit him when he opened the back of the vehicle.

Respected elder Ward - whose family does not want his first name mentioned for cultural reasons - did not appear to be breathing.

“It was like a blast from a furnace - it was extremely hot,” Dr LaGrange told Coroner Alastair Hope. “I was struck by how wet and slippery he was. It was almost like he had been coated in soap - he just slid.”

Dr LaGrange said that despite medical staff placing ice over Ward’s body, his body temperature was 41.7C. That day, January 27 last year, the outside temperature climbed to 42C. After many resuscitation attempts, Ward was declared dead about 90 minutes after arriving at the hospital.

Ward was being transported 352km from Laverton to Goldfields Regional Prison in Kalgoorlie after being charged with drink-driving on Australia Day.

The inquest was told that the company responsible for transporting Ward, Global Solutions Ltd, raised concerns with the West Australian Government about the poor state of its vans before Ward’s death, but was told no new vehicles were available.

Under a multi-million-dollar contract, GSL is responsible for transporting prisoners, while the Department of Corrective Services is responsible for maintaining the fleet of vehicles.

Former GSL employee Thomas Akatsa told the hearing that after the company failed to secure new vans from the Government, he raised concerns with the company’s supervisors, including airconditioning faults and overheating, but was told not to talk about it.

Mr Akatsa said the vans used to transport prisoners were sub-standard, did not contain toilets and were not suitable for travelling long distances.

Despite regular problems with airconditioning in the back of the vans, Mr Akatsa said there was no requirement for staff to check the airconditioning was working. He said that while he always did check, not all officers did, including one of the officers who transported Ward on that day, Graham Powell.

The inquest heard that Mr Powell, who is to give evidence today, had been demoted from a supervisor to a driver before the death.

One of his colleagues at the time, Lynette Corcoran-Sugars, testified that she requested not to work with Mr Powell, accusing him of breaching procedures and inappropriately using constraints on prisoners.

Ms Corcoran-Sugars and Mr Akatsa said that when they transported prisoners from Laverton to Kalgoorlie, they made at least one stop and offered prisoners water, food and a toilet break.

The inquest has heard that no stops were made during Ward’s journey and that he was given only a 600ml bottle of water and a pie before leaving Laverton.

Questions were raised about whether Ward should even have been in custody, with barrister Lachlan Carter for the Aboriginal Legal Service claiming a proper bail hearing, as defined by the act, did not take place.

The inquest heard that GSL’s motto was “safety first”. Mr Hope questioned how this could be the case when the company allowed staff to transport prisoners in vehicles that did not have a usable spare tyre.

The inquest continues today.
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,27574,25198925-2761,00.html

When I was in the Army Reserve, a lot of the guys I worked with were corrections officers and by and large they were pretty good people. I recall and sort of miss hearing a lot of the inside stuff on the celebrity pricks in the big-house, such as the cunt who shot John Lennon that shall remain nameless doing his time in upstate New York --for forever hopefully…

Fortunately, pretty much all US prisons are still civil service and run by the State or Feds and most of the jobs are pretty well paying…