Reported Post by Nickdfresh

Nickdfresh has reported a post.

Reason:

I mean really? The Germans were spying on American forces in Australia?

Forum: American Military
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: clannev
Original Content:

When my mother was an 18-19 year old, she was held for 3 weeks at an American base in North Queensland on suspicions of being a German Spy. It would have been 1942 or 1943. She was kept in a tent under armed guard while they tried to find out information on her. Finally after 3 weeks they let her go as she would not give any details.

I now have documents, codes and maps which imply that she really was a German agent. She would tell us the story that she had just parachuted into the top of Australia and was making her way down to Sydney, but never confirmed some details. She was an Australian and was uniquely beautiful and so would make a lasting memory for any soldiers at the camp.

I am hoping that someone would either have memories of those days or be able to refer me to some other site. I am writing a book about her life and how and why she became a German agent. I have tried NARA but they say I need the unit who held her. I am looking for evidence that could prove her story.

Some stuff for a Hollywood movie…my first thought.
Would someone make this up?

It all sounds like bullshit to me, as you’ll gather from my post in the thread.

But, taking his post at face value, his mother is the fantasist, not him, and he believes her bullshit.

Then again, strange things happen in life and much more so in war, so perhaps he can show that his mother’s alleged experience was among one of the strangest.

There is also the possibility that, as he’s a Kiwi, he’s brain****ed from the wool grease sucked in from kissing sheep on the back of the neck while trying to increase the nation’s population, and intelligence. BAAA! :wink: :smiley:

His subsequent posts suggest I was wrong. Maybe it is one of those very odd true stories, albeit perhaps embellished by his mother.

He seems to be pretty cheerful about his expose’, not sure most folk would be so. But being creative is not limited to Nz, this fellow is from Oz. Perhaps they are related…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImtjPPBSr8I

Whaddya expect? We’re a nation of convicts. :wink: :smiley:

I don’t know if they blow goats, or sheep, in NZ. The preferred encounter is to put the sheep’s rear legs into the gentleman’s gumboots with the sheep on the edge of a cliff facing the fall. It makes the sheep push back. :smiley: