Reported Post by Nickdfresh

Nickdfresh has reported a post.

Reason:

Welp. What does everyone think of this little shameless piece of self-promotion?

Forum: Off Topic
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: rrtalley
Original Content:

I’ve just joined although I wasn’t old enough to serve during WW II. But I’ve written a book, “Child on the Home Front”, about growing up in the San Francisco Bay Area during the World War II and Korean War eras. In addition to the local history of the period the book has some amusing stories about life in the 1940s and '50s. One photo I couldn’t include in the book is shown in my Child on the Home Front album. It’s a photo I took of a cannon at the Presidio of San Francisco in the mid-1940s. Perhaps someone could identify it for me. Thanks in advance, Robert R. Talley, former MSGT, USAFR.

I saw this late last night, and thought as you did. He didnt include any purchase info, so I let it be to see what else he does. I wonder if he could have fit the book title in one more time… Edit, or delete at you pleasure.

My inclination is to let it stand as he’s not overly whoring his book with links and whatnot. Still, I find it objectionable that his first post is an infomercial targeted to the main demographic and that sets a bad precedent. Still, there are worse posts on the web…