Reported Post by tankgeezer

tankgeezer has reported a post.

Reason:

I dont’t know if anyone has talked to Mr. sketch, so I P.M’d him about posting things for sale, advising him to ask Procyon’s permission etc. Any other thoughts?

Forum: German Military
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: militarysketch
Original Content:

My latest artwork. Original Drawing. 50 Euros, on A3 paper.
anyone interested?

I worry about this! I dont know how this person might reflect on us. Are they trust worthy? Does it matter to us? Another concern … are they afilated with a person or group that we might not want any attachment too? Further thoughts?

I PM’d him, and he responded,
"Hi Tank
Sorry, I did not realise that. I have edited my thread. Sorry about that. "

I dont know anything about him beyond what is on his page, and posts, I told him to PM Procyon for permission. I was curious as well if he were promoting an agenda of veiled Neo Nazi stuff,or is just an artistic type that happens to do this sort of work. I asked as to any other sort of work he did, so we’ll see.

This is Sketch’s reply about his work. He has removed all offers to sell the work from his posts, so he seems harmless enough.
Sketch Sez,
“I am an independent fine artist as well as a militaria collector. I have been on WAF forum for a couple of years. I don’t just do German officers, but also some UK and USA military portraitures, such as Bernard Montgomery, Patton, Nimitz, etc etc.”

Thanks
BJ

Did he really need to throw in the swastika? Really?

I agree that this drawing is not up to standards, and is conspicuous in its difference from his other drawings.(which I thought to be well done) Although I had reported this post for reasons of offering an item for sale without permission, I believe we should keep an eye on Sketcher to see what the future brings.

Question I have is … What should our postion be? Case by case basis??? Just trying to sell stuff doesnt bother me … however I dont want to seem to support any type of crazies!

Selling stuff without permission from the site owner is still against the rules. I gave Clave a bit of a rap across the knuckles when he first came on the site for it.

Works for me … Procyon will make the call if he wishes to change it!

Just selling stuff on the forum, as it is presently arranged, bothers me.

The current forum is for discussing military history. It’s not an online bazaar.

However, if there is a separate section for selling things, which is common on all sorts of forums, I don’t have a problem with it as that separates it from the discussion aspect. It might also add a bit of traffic and perhaps even offer a commercial opportunity for Procyon if it ever becomes big enough to warrant charging for ads or generating income through Google ads etc.

A separate selling section would be good, but would we be opening the flood gates to spammers? Of course we can still weed out offers that don’t fit the site, and crazies.

Make it part of the user groups system, so that only registered members can see it and only registered sellers (i.e. those preapproved by Procyon) can sell through it. Not hard.

I’m good with that.

Me too.

I’m also onboard…

Its ultimately down to the site owner if he wants to allow anyone to sell stuff from here.

Procyon?