Reported Post by tankgeezer

tankgeezer has reported a post.

Reason:

This looks like spam, and is also posted on other sites. User name shows as a site where such books seem to be available for purchase. Hammer or no?

Forum: WWII Books
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: jayastout
Original Content:

Stackpole Books has just released The Men Who Killed the Luftwaffe.

Colonel Walter Boyne, former director of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum had this to say: “A marvelously written work! Stout, a former fighter pilot himself, presents stirring firsthand accounts of the strategies and doctrines that ultimately won the air war over Europe. Highly recommended!”

It’s chock full of new and exciting firsthand accounts of the air battles that were fought to execute the strategies crafted by the USAAF’s leadership. Detailed discussions of air combat tactics by a former fighter pilot. 70+ photos, 432 pages.

I’ve insta-banned him. He’s posted exactly the same comments about it on every WW2 forum he can find, so I banned him and told him if he wanted to advertise on here he had to contact Procyon and pay him real money to do so! As a guide, if people are providing content for free then we tend to give them a pass (e.g. Zeno’s Warbirds who comes on here every now and again), but if they are trying to make a profit then they get the boot unless there are compelling reasons not to. Clave almost got the boot for this, but since his warning stopped mentioning his pictures were for sale and just posted them anyway, turning into a very valuable member…

Although there was no price listed, I considered it spam, but considering Zeno’s stuff, I thought I’d ask before beheading.