Reported Post by tankgeezer

tankgeezer has reported a post.

Reason:

Looks like Spam to me, what do you all think of it.

Post: New Books on Italian infantry in WW2 North Africa Campaign
Forum: Italian Military
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: Ufficiale88
Original Content:

Folgore Parachute Division: North African Operations 1940-43

https://www.amazon.com/Folgore-Parachute-Division-African-Operations/dp/1911096249/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483505789&sr=1-1-fkmr0&keywords=folgore+para

The North African campaign was one of the hardest fought episodes of the Second World War, yet the vital part played by the Italian Army - and in particular, its Folgore Parachute Division on behalf of the Axis Alliance - is frequently overlooked. Initially created to emulate the German Fallschirmjäger in order to carry out the planned airborne attack against the British base of Malta, Folgore Airborne Division fought on the battlefields of North Africa - including the key Battle of El Alamein. This elite unit distinguished itself at El Alamein despite inadequate equipment and weapons while facing unfavorable odds. This book describes a paratroop unit that earned the respect of its Allied opponents during some of the hardest-fought engagements of North Africa. The key theme of the book is the paratroopers’ involvement in the Axis war effort through an analysis of their training, weaponry and battle tactics. Another key focus is an assessment of the Folgore’s specific role during the major battles of the North African campaign.The volume draws heavily upon both Axis and Allied (Britain and New Zealand) archival sources such as the war diaries and the post-battle reports of the military units engaged in North Africa. It thus sheds new light into one of the most important campaigns of the Second World War. By drawing from archival sources from both sides, it also furnishes a more complete and balanced perspective on a critical juncture in the war such as the Battle of El Alamein.

The First Victory: The Second World War and the East Africa Campaign

Surprisingly neglected in accounts of Allied wartime triumphs, in 1941 British and Commonwealth forces completed a stunning and important victory in East Africa against an overwhelmingly superior Italian opponent. A hastily formed British-led force, never larger than 70,000 strong, advanced along two fronts to defeat nearly 300,000 Italian and colonial troops. This compelling book draws on an array of previously unseen documents to provide both a detailed campaign history and a fresh appreciation of the first significant Allied success of the war.

Andrew Stewart investigates such topics as Britain’s African wartime strategy; how the fighting forces were assembled (most from British colonies, none from the U.S.); General Archibald Wavell’s command abilities and his difficult relationship with Winston Churchill; the resolute Italian defense at Keren, one of the most bitterly fought battles of the entire war; the legacy of the campaign in East Africa; and much more

best,

Nickdfresh has also reported this item.

Reason:

Is this commercial spam? Obviously it’s an advert link, but it is WWII related. I’ve unapproved it so I think it’s not visible until we have some sort of consensus…

Ha! Didn’t see TG on this first…

I think it’s spam, there’s not wider nor deeper discussion beyond what a great book this is…

I removed it, he’s the first real spammer we’ve had in awhile, aside from the Chinese manufacturing spam in the photo section yesterday. We got a cold spell here today, should be rolling your way soon.