Reported Post by Wildcelt

Wildcelt has reported a post.

Reason:

I have been trying to respond to this persons post but no luck. Even though I’m logged in it keeps telling me I’m not logged in.
The person in the photograph is most likely a aircraft spotter, in as much as those appear to be a paddle or paddles in his hand to wave off or direct landing aircraft. The headset would be to keep in communication with the tower or other ground control personel.

Forum: Photo Research
Assigned Moderators: pdf27, George Eller, Nickdfresh, Rising Sun*, tankgeezer, flamethrowerguy

Posted by: Laura
Original Content:

I am trying to sort through old photos that belonged to either my Dad or his two brothers. I am really curious about this one - I am almost positive that it is my father. He was an airplane mechanic with the 13th Air Depot Group. It looks like the man in the picture is standing in the clouds, watching planes fly overhead. I have no idea what he is holding in his hand. My son-in-law said that it reminds him of some of the old recruiting posters he has seen. Is this kind of photo familiar to anyone? Thank you so much for any insight you can give me!

Try refreshing the page once you log in (F5) this may help you. If you plan on being logged on for more than 15 minutes or so, check the remember me box under your username. Let us know if you experience further problems.