Reputation points

What are reputation points?
How do you earn them?
Who awards them?

Points are awarded for posts and anyone can give them, you make a decision on the post content. Or should do, you shouldnt make a decsion on how you feel personally about the poster.

What a good idea. If used sensibly.
I have never seen it, or anything like it on any other WWII forum, and I belong to loads.

The thing about ‘Reputation-Systems’ is that they tend to be used very one-sided. People are much more likely to vote somebody down if they don’t agree with him than they are to vote him up if they do.

I disagree.

(But I have not given you a negative reputation point!);):slight_smile:

But as I said earlier, they do have to be used sensibly.

It should also be recognised that some of us couldn’t give a stuff what other people think about us, whether represented by reputation points or comments in real life.

Sometimes the dissenting voice just has the misfortune to be in a minority of opinion in a given group which lacks a full understanding of a topic and sees it only from one side.

Um… How do you give reputation points to others… ???

You click on the scales located at the upper right corner, between your post # and the report sign

So that’s what the scale is for…

Yep. I only found it by pure chance, too. :smiley:

I just found out that I had 40 reputation points :mrgreen:

I didn’t think I had 11… That’s a lot for me… :mrgreen:

Now you got 12…:wink:

Yay!!! Thanks!!! ^.^ <- :lol:

Sometimes it is a good thing to know your posts are appreciated and especially if a poster has contributed a quality post, then they should be recognized.

This is a good improvement to the site.

digger

I got 16 Points and Dam Proud about it! …Someone out there Loves me! Thank You, who ever you are, Dear Admirer, Thank You!!..

It seems that I have 10, must say that it seems low but there must be a reason. But yes this is a new discovery to me as well, it seems to be a great way to recognize great members. Maybe there should be a star system that is shown on your name in the forums so people can recognize you for it, dunno, just an idea.

I think I have 11 or so, so don’t think too low of your 10, rifleman :smiley:

And I don’t think that 11 of yours is low at all either :slight_smile:

Ya well, I think it’s low, considering I got 16, and who am I? you guys deserve more than me, so I personally give you 3 of my points to add to your collection cause the Herman Meister appreciates all you have contributed to this forum!:wink: