Request for Red Army photos for forthcoming book

Hi,

I’m currently working on an WWII Eastern Front book for publication in August 2011. I’m seeking around 20 interesting and previously-unpublished Red Army-focused photographs for inclusion. If you think you can help let me know. Thanks.

Duncan

If you give a look at the Picture Section, you’ll find among the Subjects, the Soviet Forces. There are 191 pages (every page contains nine pics) related to the Red Army. Enjoy your search…

Hi. Thanks, true enough - there are many magnificent images. However, two issues I need to overcome are a) the images online are typically 72dpi resolution - not high enough for book print quality, which need to be 300dpi, b) I’m unsure of publication rights/licensing issues - I’d feel I was “pinching” photos off folk without crediting them appropriately.

Best wishes,
Duncan

Hi Duncan,
i’m glad you found images that you really like in the Russian Army subject. About the two issues that you need to overcome, i can only suggest you to get in contact with the Site Admin. They’ll give to you every info you may need (resolution and rights/licensing issues, etc.).
Best regards.

Just remember about copyrights…
In fact manies from the photos on this site or in other are belong to state Russian archives( coz there were quite a few photocams in pravite use that time in Red Army).