Royal744

He’s a decent, generally informed poster that is harmless and probably means well, but I don’t get the necropost arguments he’s having with posters that haven’t been here in years. I think he’ll settle down after pdf27’s comments to him, but perhaps he bears watching?

I have noticed that as well, I even mentioned to him once that the person he was responding to had not signed on in years, and was not likely to anytime soon. I think he was somewhat embarrassed at that, but my guess is he is posting under the influence. He seems to run in streaks, and often on the weekends. He probably doesn’t notice that he is necroposting. It wouldn’t hurt to keep an eye on him.

He’s a nearly 70-year-old guy, originally from the Netherlands. Sometimes he tends to act more Yankee-ish than any Yank. :smiley:

I got the following PM from him, basically told him to not post drivel in old threads and that the Falklands/Malvinas forum is much more heavily moderated due to past troubles we’ve had with it in reply…

I accept your admonition pdf, but I confess to not knowing why.

I said it was a shame that the British did not have the forces to destroy the Argentinian Air Force on the ground. I submit that that is not ‘snarky’, but a valid strategy to gain air superiority. I did say that the “Argentinians deserved it”, which is a simple, straightforward opinion. Lord knows there are many similar opinions expressed on here with equal or greater asseriveness. If this offended you, I regret it.

As to the age - five years - of the thread, there appear to be other threads on the topic of the Falklands that are considerably older to which I have contributed. I like reading older threads - there are so many - that I can’t get to them all. I did not know that it was not OK to post on older threads. Maybe you thought my opinion was over the top…

Regards,
Royal744

I don’t have a problem with reviving old threads if it contributes to the discussion.

We can do with all the traffic we can get.

Similar problem to former smokers who have given up and people who convert to a new religion.

It has to be doubly dangerous when such blind enthusiasm is attached to being a Yank, as they’re already very dangerous in their normal state. :wink: :smiley:

My dear fellow, is there another way to post? :wink: :smiley:

I would if I could, but I probably wouldn’t have an argument with someone not likely to sign on again, (though come to think of it, I’d be more likely to win the argument that way. ) :wink: :slight_smile: