RPG7 against bullet proof glass.

Here is a link to the video, it is very interesting. I dont know what prompted the demonstration, but its fun, http://www.noob.us/entertainment/bazooka-vs-bullet-proof-glass/

Thanks TG :slight_smile:

That is amazing. Looks like it absorbed quite a few hits. Reminds me somewhat of a Japanese version of a Mail Call episode.

Well the rpg’s did perf the glass, it was less dramatic than I thought it would be,but enjoyable non the less. I dont know what they wanted to find out, I cant imagine any glass lexan kind of stuff defeating the shaped charge.

That’s true, the rpg’s did eventually perforate the glass. But I was surprised that it absorbed a couple hits before doing so. Interesting video :slight_smile:

Shaped charge rounds are chemical, not kinetic, so the charge in the projectile, or rocket, upon exploding creates the jetstream that actually does the work of perforating the target.This done, the delivery vehicle, not intended to follow through the target,will bounce away, or be blown to bits by the explosion.
The glass/ lexan stuff did for some of the hits keep the secondary blast damage down, but the primary effect, the jet stream was not diminished.

The second video was against a 10cm thick panel. Looks like the last round missed the glass and hit the lower part of the frame. It didn’t look as though the glass/ lexan was perforated. But, I don’t think as many rounds were fired.

“It is not over. I have a special 10cm in the truck. I want to challenge this again. Please tell your people to prepare again.” :wink:

I saw the miss, I dont have sound, so couldnt hear any dialog, but the images were great. I hope there are more of those coming, would love to see them. The slow-mo, is relly something.

Most of the dialog is in Japanese accompanied with stereotypical grunts, groans and laughs. It kind of added to the humor of the video.

The blond guy is the only one who speaks English (with some kind of European accent - possibly German or Scandinavian) :

“It is not over. I have a special 10cm in the truck. I want to challenge this again. Please tell your people to prepare again.” :wink:

I would also like to see more of these :slight_smile: