Rugby World Cup 2011

So it’s started now and I’m wondering what teams people want to win and what teams they think will win.

For me, want Ireland to win but I know that’s one hell of an ask given their current form and I think New Zealand on home soil would be hard to bet against.

Now to work out what mornings to set the alarm a bit earlier so I don’t miss an Irish match :lol:

South Africa…but they will need to start “upping” their game if they want to defend their title!

Well naturally I want England to win, however, I am a realist so i’ve put £5 on South Africa winning.

I think it time the NZ All-blacks had a win.

NZ has it, with either Australia or South Africa in second.

I’d like to see France or England win though, to be somewhat realistic. To be completely unrealistic though, I’d like to see Canada win it.

To be completely absurd -I’d like to see France win it. :slight_smile:

It would be interesting, although a lot more absurd then France, to see one of the non bigger countries winning it.
Come on Japan.

The absurdity was that I would even suggest that I would like to see ‘France’ win it.

I had got that, I only tried to one up with a team that wouldn’t get anywhere, that said they might get further then Ireland lol

Maybe I rules the lads out to fast, just beat Australia.

Ah, I see the art of understatement lives on - a great game.

Some interesting ties coming up, I’m close to certain England will beat France and I’m hoping Ireland will beat Wales, on the other side New Zealand for sure but I wouldn’t hazard a guess for South Africa and Australia.

Naturally I don’t know anything about Rugby, I watched the match England vs. Scotland the other day but it didn’t help much.
I was wondering though how the French fit in this bulk of English speaking nations to dominate this sport?!

France have a good team and before the WC they were rated higher then Ireland and Wales, they lost to Tonga in the group stages which was surprising.

Ah well, best team certainly one.
Good luck to Wales.

So, France v. New Zealand.

I want France to win, but New Zealand has it in the bag.

At this stage I’ve seen all the teams I wanted to win loose, guess I’ll cheer for France in the final so New Zealand will win :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m hoping for the impossible…Go France!:wink:

Absolutely gutted for wales, don’t want the old enemy to win so it’s the Kiwis for me!