Russia and Japan

because of the propaganda that the internet can provde, and everyone here has a great knowledge of ww2 and other wars

can anyone tell me about Japan Vs Russia before and during ww2, i dont know much on the topic, and im hoping someone can tell me, i dont care how long the post is

Japan tried to invade Russia in the mid-1930s. They met a sizeable armoured force commanded by a gentleman by the name of Zhukov, and hence got slapped silly in a place called Khalkin Gol in May 1939. The shock of getting beaten so badly by the Russians (who remember they had beaten in the last war the two had fought) was enough that Japan left the Russians well alone for the rest of the war. Finally, in 1945 the Russians invaded Manchuria, flattening most of what remained of the Kwantung Army (which had largely been stripped of it’s best troops to support the battles being fought in Burma and the Pacific).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Khalkhin_Gol

The Japanese attacked russian in the 1930’s but failed. The Japanese Army from this time to the end of the war was mostly an infantry army. Therefor it was highly vunerable to armor, which the russians had lots of at their bored. Throughout the war the russians had a massive army kept by their border with the Chinese due to this Japanese threat. This is part of the reason why Russia participated with the attack on the Japanese towards the end of WWII.