Russian sniper school

I found this on youtube, being a big fan of sniper craft, its interesting to see the training, and weapons used particularly the supressed weapons. My favorite is the large bore (looks like 12.7mm ) rifle, very meaty looking.Audio is in Russian, have a look. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1tVsFwrGgs

What was the silenced sniper called again.

Quiet.

Dead?

As distinct from a silenced sniper rifle. :wink:

An interesting movie.
The new fro me was that there are prefered the Syberian and russian Far east ethnical groups to be prepeared in the RUssian Sniper school. i.e russian asiatic.
Because they are the innate hunters from very young age.
The traditional sniper rifle is 7,62 mm SVD.
The 12,7 mm monster are used ONLY for limited circle of missions kinda against the enemy snipers. It’s very long range of precision fire ( about 2 km) make it the pefect wearpon but it’s weight does not allow to use it often as an usial SVD.
The russian snipers are recruited from regula Army infantry troops . After studing in Sniper’s centre the 19-20 years guys pass the special examination test in …Chechnia.
P.S. i/m interesting mate. What if to install the sniper’s sight to you 20-mm “basuka” ?:)How is my idea to you?
Did you try it?

You are very creative my friend. I have thought of ways to mount it, and some people have put optical sights on their L-39’s.(mostly hunting type rifle scopes.) the Mauser type sights there now, are difficult for me to use, (you need a skinny head) The rifle would really perform with a good optical sight, hit a potato at 1000 meters. The main problem would be finding a scope that will tolerate the stress of firing with (about) 40,000 ft lbs of energy.