Russian tank insignia

Hey guys.

Im looking for russian tank insignia, especially late war guard units!
(Its for my Flames of war, russian guards army).

Cheers…

marking on russian tanks
http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49288&highlight=markings+tanks

Soviet unit insignia:

Thanks guys!
I would just wish i could read russian… Its gonna be quite a problem writing the “grafitti”, on the tanks, as i actually dont know what the hell im writing! :slight_smile:

Our Russian Members can better assist you.
As a very rough guide: C = S, P = R , pi = P, /_\ = D , H = N, |/| = I, and pi with a comma instead of a plain vertical = L. The x with a vertical bar through it = Ch or sch. The reversed “7” = G. The o with a vertical through it = f. The y with a vertical through it = either u or y. the reversed 3 or plain “3” = V , close enough. R reversed = IA or Ya.

Using the above rough system, I find I can even read Cyrillic text, as long as I take a bit of time over it. Once you recognise the letter patterns, the words become plain enough, and you can sort the transliteration from there.

Two commonly seen phrases : “Va Stalin” = For Stalin. “Na Rodina” = “For the motherland” (this sometimes appears as “Na Rodinu” = For the Fatherland").

Hope this info helps you, small amount though it is.

Regards, Uyraell.

Which ones exactly you want to know about?

Hey sorry for the late answer mate!
I would like to know about the most “common” ones used (if there is such a thing!).