SAS timelines

I’m trying to finish writing an historic fiction novel that has an SAS soldier and his squad parachuting into northern France. But for my story to have any sort of continuity, they have to jump in mid-April 1944. But from the research I’ve done, I can’t find any records of any SAS jumping this early. Does anyone have any information that indicates that they may done smaller scale missions earlier than D-Day?

Or, does anyone know of any other small scale raiding groups (not necessarily SAS) that were parachuted in to this area in the early spring of '44? I am aware of the agents (Joes) but I am looking for military.

Thanks.

“Prior to the Normandy Invasion, SAS men were inserted into France as 4-man teams to help maquisards of the French Resistance.”
+
"In the night of 5 june 1944, 4 sticks of 4th SAS were dropped on north and south Brittany to prepare SAS bases (“Samwest”, “Dingson”, “Grog”), to take contact with local Resistance and established DZ and LZ for the Battalion. The mission of French SAS was to destroy all communication ways, to get ambushes and sabotages to prevent all enemies movements toward Normandy… "
http://groups.msn.com/Surcouf/frenchforcesonthealliedside.msnw

Great link, thanks.

You may want to research about the Jedburgh teams but don’t think any were dropped prior to D-day.

SOE agents were of course sent into France from the very beginning of the German occupation.