Scam email through WWIIiC

What is this spam email about?

It’s clearly not directed specifically at me as SCS has nothing to do with me and I’ve been active.

Should we warn members about it?

I haven’t clicked on the link as I don’t trust it.

EDIT: I don’t think it came through WWIIiC as, although it’s one of my email addresses, it’s not the email address showing in my WWIIiC profile.

Hello, SCS!

We’ve noticed that you’ve not been active on WW2 in Color History Forum for quite some time now, and we miss you!

Could we not tempt you back?

If you don’t remember your password, you can request it here: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/login.php?do=lostpw
We hope to see you soon

Kindest Regards
WW2 in Color History Forum
http://www.ww2incolor.com

To stop receiving this email, visit this URL: /misc.php?do=unsub&u=8108

It came from “WW2 in Color History Forum [WW2.in.Color.History.Forum@mail15.syd.optusnet.com.au]”

Full header is:

Return-Path: <nobody@vps.hostlead.com>
Received: from vps.hostlead.com (vps.hostlead.com [207.58.151.170])
by mail15.syd.optusnet.com.au (8.13.1/8.13.1) with ESMTP id o324VL8H001257
(version=TLSv1/SSLv3 cipher=DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA bits=256 verify=NO)
for <dogddog@optusnet.com.au>; Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:31:25 +1100
Received: from nobody by vps.hostlead.com with local (Exim 4.69)
(envelope-from <nobody@vps.hostlead.com>)
id 1NxYXP-0007Cb-UO
for dogddog@optusnet.com.au; Fri, 02 Apr 2010 00:31:19 -0400
To: dogddog@optusnet.com.au
Subject: SCS! We miss you at WW2 in Color History Forum!
From: “WW2 in Color History Forum” <WW2.in.Color.History.Forum@mail15.syd.optusnet.com.au>
Message-ID: <20100402043108.982bd5cca6ab@www.ww2incolor.com>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=“ISO-8859-1”
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit
X-Priority: 3
X-Mailer: vBulletin Mail via PHP
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 00:31:08 -0400
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - vps.hostlead.com
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - optusnet.com.au
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 504] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - vps.hostlead.com
X-Source:
X-Source-Args: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd -DSSL
X-Source-Dir: ww2incolor.com:/public_html/forum
X-CMAE-Score: 0

Sounds like Procoyon’s Inactivity Email Reminder (see thread in the War Room). However, I don’t know who’s “SCS” either and you, RS, haven’t been off that long…

Been off for a couple of days due to my modem, router and other things being destroyed in a storm here a while back and problems with swapping family members’ computers on to and mine back on to the new modem, as our insurance company has yet to process our claim because it has been overwhelmed by claims from a run of storms etc here over the past couple of months.

it’s the inactivity script and it looks like you have a duplicate account on here. :slight_smile:
it sends an email if you don’t log in for 30 days, after 3 emails it won’t email again…of course you can unsubscribe.

That sounds about right, although I can’t recall the details.

I think it relates to a problem where I couldn’t sign in on my original account so I set up another one. Which as I vaguely recall encouraged PK to ban me and then I think Nick unbanned me and there was a bit of a shitfight, which was normal when PK was modding. :slight_smile: