SDK Carbine

Has anyone ever heard of a gun used by German special forces known as the SDK Carbine? Apparently it may have been a silenced bolt action assasination weapon in 9mm parabellum. Could be a hoax, be interested to hear from any experts.

The only weapon from German armoury that comes into my mind which is halfway matching the description would be the “Kommando-Karabiner”.
It used the Sten silencer, only 4 items were produced.

I think you are talking about the model GSDK; Gestado SchällDamper Karabiner. Is this one.

It was made by Sauer & Sohn of Suhl, unfortunately I have no data of how many were manufactured of when were employed.

The magazines is an enlenghtened variant of the one use in the P-08, carries 9 rounds of 9mm “nahpatrone”.The gun is dismountalbe and its total lenght 750 mm.

It had a “hair” system, german type ( double trigger)

Hello Panzerknacker,
Since you seem to have info on unusual weapons, do you have any images of what was, in the Spanish Civil war, called the “Mauser slick”, apparently an automatic pistol in .11 calibre that survived in limited numbers and even more limited use in WW2?

My reason for asking is this: years a go a book on pistols suggested this had been the smallest pistol to see use, though pointing out that the Italian Beretta “Lady’s Pistol” in 1.77 calibre had been produced in greater numbers, but had not truly seen combat.

In 20-odd years I have yet to see a picture of the Mauser weapon I ask of, nor the ammunition. As to the Beretta, I have seen precisely 2 pictures of the pistol, and none, of the ammunition.

I would be very interested to see pictures of these, and any other unusual weapon you may know of.

Regards, and Many Thanks, Uyraell.

Bummer, never heard of this one.

[FONT=Georgia]Hello Panzerknacker,
Since you seem to have info on unusual weapons, do you have any images of what was, in the Spanish Civil war, called the “Mauser slick”, apparently an automatic pistol in .11 calibre that survived in limited numbers and even more limited use in WW2?

That would be .11 tenths of a inch or 11mm ? I know about a pistol of that calibre ( .11 inch = 2,7 mm) , was german made, but wasnt Mauser. yes I have pictures of that.

My reason for asking is this: years a go a book on pistols suggested this had been the smallest pistol to see use, though pointing out that the Italian Beretta “Lady’s Pistol” in 1.77 calibre had been produced in greater numbers, but had not truly seen combat.

Arrrghh… numbers troubles here . Is possible that the pistol would be a .177 caliber and not 1.77 ?

1.77 inches would be a 45 mm bullet…a bit much for a handgun.

Bummer, never heard of this one.

Check the topic “silencers /supressor for small arms” in this section, more info about german silenced guns tehre.[/FONT]

Hello Panzerknacker,
[quote]That would be .11 tenths of a inch or 11mm ? I know about a pistol of that calibre ( .11 inch = 2,7 mm) , was german made, but wasnt Mauser. yes I have pictures of that.[quote/]
Yes,.11 of an inch.very very small, said to have a maximum effective range of only 25 feet, about 8 metres. Also said to be near silent, though it had no silencer/sound suppressor.

And again yes, .177. My sincere apologies for the mistake in typing.

Many Thanks, Regards, Uyraell.

Okay, the .177 pistol I am sure is: the Charola & Anitua 5mm

It was made in early XX century by Industria Eibarresa de Armas from Eibar, Spain. It was used in civil even its military value is almost none.

Some measurement of the ammo:

The other in .11 cal is definateli the Kolibri cal 2,7 x 9mm, I going to put more of it soon.

I think i saw such pistol used by the russians and the polish soldiers in the 20ties or maybe i am mistaken …

Many Thanks, Panzerknacker :smiley:
Never seen the.177 weapon before, most interesting.
Now that you mention the name Kolibri (“Hummingbird” if My German is correct) I do recall that name, though had lost the mental association with the pistol, because by the time of my childhood that company had become a manufacturer of cigarette lighters, of which I had two examples.
I look forwards to seeing the info you have.
Again, Many Thanks,
Regards, Uyraell.

I have heard several stories, over the years, from Polish and other eastern European people that a .177 pistol was used by Russian, Polish, and possibly Ukrainian officers. Where I was at a loss was in not knowing the name of the weapon, nor its’ appearance, details with which the good Senor Panzerknacker has supplied us, and
for which, Much Thanks, Muchos Gracias (forgive if my Spanish is a shade rusty, I get to use it about once every 10 years, and was never taught it).
Regards, Uyraell.

I think i saw such pistol used by the russians and the polish soldiers in the 20ties or maybe i am mistaken …

Probably you are confusing it with teh mauser “Bolo” a 6 shot varinat of the Mauser 1896 Broomhandle, it was very popular in the east.

Muchos Gracias (forgive if my Spanish is a shade rusty, I get to use it about once every 10 years, and was never taught it).
Regards, Uyraell.

Is Muchas gracias, you are welcome, here more about the Kolibri.

Characteristics:

Country of Origin:Österreich ( austria)

Manufacturer: Georg Gräbner & Rehberg

Caliber: 2,7x9 or 3x8,3mm centerfire semirimmed

Magazine: 6 cartrigdes detachable.

Barrel: smoothbore, lenght 32mm.

Muzzle velocity : 190 mps.

Aparently it was mostly offered as a women gun, the small caliber and low muzzle velocity made it completely impractical, you cant kill a fly with this.

More than enough for stopping a guy without getting charged with murder, though :smiley:

Not sure, my 22 airguns have more power than this.

Ah, wouldn’t be sure about that, it sounds to me like they would be close. Also, the pistol is obviously meant for self defense at short ranges, such as a rapist grabbing a girl, girl grabs kolibri, guy loses eye or something like that :smiley:

Certainly an eye would be the only vulnerable spot, take in consideration that a standar 4,5mm luftgewehr have about 250-270mps and you definately cannot stop an attack with that, but I guess given the gun and self defense laws in europe it was an option, not the best but better to be completely defenseless.

The kolibri was made since 1914 to 1920.

Or guy loses something more important, the girl shoots the ol’ family jewels, he will be down for awhile.

There is also the “Lilliput” pistol, another woman’s pistol chambered in 4.5mm. Hitler had one, (no slight to women intended) there was another model chambered in .25 auto.

Nice picture, honestly I dont fully understand the reason behind this guns, everything below a .22 is completely ridiculous.

I agree,these tiny caliber guns have always puzzled me,a heavy coat would trap the bullet, it would need to be up against the skin to do anything. (beyond intimidation) There are plenty of larger bore pistols that are quite small, even the long lived .25 auto is considered by many to be of little to no value in a confrontation.
The .22 L.R. is very effective for social work,(always a favorite with the Mob) being there are so many different types of ammo available, even birdshot. The good old Derringer pistol is the best known hide away gun, large bore, very small,produced in great numbers by Mr. Henry Derringer, and many other makers through the years. I have one by American Derringer Co. of Texas.