second accounts

You are only allowed one account. Discovery of another account will result in 2 formal warnings.

2nd of foot has another account: Sid the Sexist.

give him 2 warnings

Firefly has this another account: Canaris (i think he is firefly,see the ip!)

if he is,give him 2 warnings too.

BDL has another account: shootist

give him 2 warnings

Armed penguin has this another account: trev

give him 2 warnings

SMLE has another account: Karlos

give him 2 warnings.

you aren`t obligated to give him the warnings,im telling you this to know if you are agree,general fw190pilot.

All the brits have 2 accounts!!! We should warn them for blatent disreguard to site rules.

yes,you`re right,FW!!!please,come here and help us :wink:

I have nothing to comment on the rule.

I want to comment that we should investigate the reasons on which some users have already 2 or more accounts.

For instance: on http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/memberlist.php?mode=joined&order=ASC&start=100 it is obvious that user 103 and 104 is a single user (maybe he forgot his own password or he change his mind speaking of username).
And take a look at 105 and 106 (lamb at rest and 2nd of foot)!!

Also on http://www.ww2incolor.com/phpBB2/memberlist.php?mode=joined&order=ASC&start=200 check 217 and 219 as well as 225 and 226.

Do not forget also about your brother, Erwin. At that time Gen. Sandworm understands you and doesn’t warn you.

Instead of something distructive we should think about something constructive.

Maybe admin will consider that it could be very useful to delete a lot of useless (no posts) accounts as well as nasty accounts (Erwin’s brother - with a stupid location, those bastards on Germany then and now thread and so on, etc). After this cleaning we should consider this “2 accounts” rule to be applied.

I will warn Firefly / Canaris for his second account.

Quoted from IP lookup for last post of Canaris.

IP address for this post
82.110.109.210 [ 5 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

Users posting from this IP address
Firefly [ 69 Posts ]
Canaris [ 5 Posts ]

Other IP addresses this user has posted from
82.109.66.147 [ 15 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

195.93.21.8 [ 5 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

217.205.174.222 [ 1 Post ] [ Look up IP address ]

Edited: Firstly I will ask him about this (because the rule is new - 17th of July, and also more users could work in a network with the same server as gateway).

:shock: :shock: Crab_to_be??? :shock: :shock:

IP address for this post
81.86.239.230 [ 71 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

Crab_to_be [ 71 Posts ]
festamus [ 6 Posts ]

82.35.250.89 [ 74 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]
81.86.238.46 [ 67 Posts ]

2 edits for deleting an invalid url.

:lol: :lol: :lol: ww2admin :lol:

IP address for this post
70.115.176.51 [ 58 Posts ] [ Look up IP address ]

ww2admin [ 58 Posts ]

skunker [ 3 Posts ]

70.115.175.7 [ 11 Posts ]

I looked up and the server is dh210.public.mod.uk, so maybe they are in a network with a single server as a gateway

As I thought!
Firefly and Canaris are 2 distinct users.

Well guys, we have to investigate deeply this 2 (ore more) accounts issues. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Edited (I copied and pasted below):
Our users have posted a total of 15312 articles
We have 313 registered users
The newest registered user is Izabig_d
In total there are 13 users online :: 5 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests [ Administrator ] [ Moderator ]
Most users ever online was 38 on Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:13 am
Registered Users: BDL, Bladensburg, Canaris, Dani, Firefly

So… :smiley:

dani,we know that firefly and canaris are different people now.

but it´s easy to use two accounts at the same times,you just log in in one windows without marking the field of remember my account,and in other window do the same with other username.

i tried that in other forums :lol:

yes,my brothers was drunk,and as you see it was only one day,but some of this guys repeatedly used that account,no only one time.
so they are contient of what they did.

Anyway, following the word of the rule it is very simple to warn Crab_to_be and ww2admin, isn’t it? :smiley:
I don’t suggest to warn anybody sticking on this rule till we’ll investigate (Remember that I was myself at seconds distance to warn Firefly…)

We should follow the spirit of the rule. :wink:

yeah!,medals and coke all around :twisted:

don´t warn ww2 admin or crab,he is mod,he will not be mod then,he deserves to be a mod.
it´s fair to warn the other guys,but first,we have to prove that.

Dani, ww2admin made his second account long before our rule was put in place. I don’t think he deserves to be warned.

Yep, I know that, that’s why I think that we should investigate each case (like I did with Firefly / Canaris).

Yep, I know that, that’s why I think that we should investigate each case (like I did with Firefly / Canaris).[/quote]
HEY DANI!!!,IM SAVED!!!,THE 2ND ACCOUNT OF MY BRO WAS DID BEFORE THE RULE :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Or possibly certain site members use the same internet gateway. Until the end of June, posts by festamus and myself would originate from the same IP adress because we lived in the same house and had a router to share the same internet connection on our LAN. Thus, although separate individuals posting from separate computers, our posts have the same originating IP address. I’m sure we’re not the only people in history every to have done this. It’s entirely possible that a similar situation exists for other site members.

Dani - thanks for early firefighting.
Erwin, PkW, get a life. Go outside. There is life beyond the internet. If you can’t bear that, try light moderation instead of picking fights. Everyone will get along much better if you do that.

Firstly: I think that the vast majority of “2nd account” is in the following situation: 2 or more users have the same gateway (id. the same IP).

Secondly: For your information, Erwin is no longer a moderator. He is allowed here because he is still “photographer of the site”.

Thirdly: It is not necessarily to thank me. This is a normal “to do” list for any moderator. You’re welcome, anyway! :smiley:

Cheers!

2nd Account ( :?: ) : 1000ydstare , 1000 yd stare

Different IP Addresses, but the usernames are almost identical, as is the location. :?:

Oh! The horror! A site user decides to amend their screen name so that they can impersonate themselves. I’m not sure civilisation can cope with this brutal assault on our way of life. I very nearly did the same, when it occurred to me that I didn’t need the underscores in my screen name. But then I’d lose my modly powers for the sake of two little lines, so I didn’t bother.

Yes, using a second account to stir up trouble and disrupt the smooth running of the site shouldn’t be allowed, but there’s no need to go witch hunting.

I’m just stating an observation Crab, there’s no need for you to get so worked up over a post. Or maybe you just have a grudge against me?