SECRET WEAPONS OF WW2

if you know anithing about them,say that in this topic.

germans had secret aircrafts too (I heard about them)

Hm. I heared, and have some information about German and Soviet planes maded in form of “flying saucers”, not UFO, of cource, real planes. But reason why this excrlent direction was closed and all information was hidden I don’t know. But now this technology reappeared in the newest american war planes and in very interesting russian project:
http://www.ekip-aviation-concern.com/index.htm

How do u say thank you very much? Buya danke or something? (sry off topic) No I dont know any secret weapons, but they made an expansion pack for Battlefield 1942.

Also off-topic: “Danke schon!”

The Americans also did the saucer thing after WW2 and it looked really crappy to me. Hard as hell to fly.

Yep. American made it too. And now also made it. And they wasn’t hard to fly! I read some memories of the pilots, who piloted them. They said that was fantastically easy to control them in a high speed. And than more the speed, than easy to control. Strange, but this is reality. Modern planes step by step going to this form. But why were closed such interesting direction after war? And in all countries in the one time. USA and SU not be in alliance and good relationships. The Cold War has began. Korean War has began. They must research new planes for nuclear strikes. Rockets was sux in that times. But all be closed without any reason. Why? Very interesting question, IMO…

wow :shock:

The Americans also did the saucer thing after WW2 and it looked really crappy to me. Hard as hell to fly.[/quote]

If I’m not mistaken, I believe that flying saucer technology developed by the Germans evantually made it’s way over to America, where the “secret” base Area 51 was commissioned to recreate the technology, and that’s how all of the alien rumors came to surround the base.

So far as I can work out (from relatively basic aerodynamics, not having looked at the designs in detail) they don’t hold out very much promise at all for supersonic flight, which was where postwar designs were going. As such, they would have been very rapidly binned postwar.
As for “Area 51”, the best explanation I have yet heard is that the “51” uses the code A=1, B=2, etc. This makes it “Area EA” or “Area Enthusiasts Airshow” - a scheme to get all the spotters looking for highly secret prototypes to some obscure spot in Nevada where they can be watched and see nothing of important. Wheel out the odd obscure/obselete prototype of no further use every now and again to reinforce the legend, and they won’t bother looking elsewhere (at the really secret stuff).

Concerning the name “Area 51”, it was just a map reference from the US Geodaetic Survey office when the area (and other areas) were mapped, long before Lake Groom was used for aircraft testing. The name stuck on, though the official name of the area is today Lake Groom Testing Facility.

Jan

I’ve seen black and white pictures of the German’s experimental HO-IX fighter plane being developed at the German’s top secret facility outside of Gotha, Germany.