Should I step down?

I have been the admin of this site for a long time. Since 05. I have tried my best to be as compromising as I can be. We now have a new admin and I suggest you listen. For the older members…I havent been there in a long time for you. I will try to put your thoughts forward in the time I have left. But if im fired … please respest the new leadership. You have an admin in Procyan.

I was drunk and posted the wrong poll!

I’m half drunk and I think you should stay.

I’d have the same opinion sober.

Nah, stick around.

Good to see you back.

You dont but Firefly should for sure.

This topic worth reading

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8178

and note the pintoresque answer in the 45 post here

http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5722&page=3

The tiredness of the Mods are clearly visible, the softie aproach of Firefly has been proven worthless, aniway the guy have better things to do, just remove him of one responsabilities and put any with some ideas of how the forum should be handled.

And by the way, despite I am going to be accused of being a lifeless, peniless, girlfriendless scumbag that only want trouble I must say this: is a common practice in any forum merging similar topics, that is made not to satisfy a pedantic member like somebody think here, but to ease browsing and serching of topics.

In here the Mods believe merging is almost a crime, a Panzerknacker delirium of greatness that is requested only to have a taste of my earlier work as a Mod and should be punished merciless…that is not the way to take care of the forum.

There is a lot of work to be done. I am a hard worker I am not afraid of it, if you need help just give me a call.

PK and I have had our, somewhat vigorous, differences from what at times were opposite ends of the spectrum, but if we agree on something then it has to be right for the site.

Why should you step down?

If you wish to go, thats fine,this is just a website, not the Presidency. but if not, then stay. If someone is trying to push you out, they may find a definite lack of support from the members as their “wages of sin”. As we are a jolly band of pirates, a mutiny is not impossible.

NO You should not Step Down, because if You Do, then PDF will follow, then Nick then RS and then I’ll have to find another site. It will be the end of civilized Democracy I tell You!

Stay. Do it for the CHILDREN!!!

Of course you shouldnt step down. Maybe you should stop drinking though.

:smiley: Point taken!!!

the softie aproach of Firefly has been proven worthless,

As I recall, I was asked to take up my current position by the Bosses of the site at the time. If THEY are unhappy with the job I have done since then, then it was up to them to state this.

Until such time as I am removed as Chief Mod I will continue to promote a forum where all are welcomed. Spamming aside I feel strongly that people should be encouraged to mend their ways and contribute positively to the site if the Mod team feels its warranted.

Therefore, bannings will always be a last resort. If you disagree with the way things are run her then thats your choice. There are some very contributive members here today that, given your decision would have been banned.

I treat EVERYONE here the same and will continue to as long as Im Chief Mod here.

If you can still devote the time, then I stand behind you. You have been excellent for this site and I think you still have a lot to give.

I say “No” to both, and you might taper off a bit with drink. ( A wee dram now n’ then cant hurt,)

I haven’t had the occasion to meet you, but I say please stay.

Although I haven’t had the occasion to meet you, by all means stay.

Hmm… apparently threads were merged…

I think that your leadership has been fine General. I have no complaints and hope that you decide to retain your position.

On the other hand, if you feel that your responsibilities are becoming a burden to you, I will understand. I used to be the editor of a quarterly for a small genealogical association (about 200-300 members) for about five years. Because it was done on a voluntary basis in my spare time, the constant deadlines and responsibilities did become a burden to me over time.

However, I do hope that you stay on. :slight_smile: