Should Obama be president? - Troubleshooting

why is my IP being banned on this topic. need an answer. this pops up when i post or reply

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

ive had this happen MANY times. im prevented or blocked from posting or replying to post. what’s the problem here ???

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here
:evil:

No idea, did you try sending a PM to Procyon or General Sandworm?

just sent a PM to the Gerneral. for this same problem many times. sure do need an answer

It seems you use an AOL proxy. Unfortunately, so do a lot of spammers/trolls. That might be why. I’ll check into it.

In the meantime, try using another browser, not AOL, like Explorer or Firefox and just use whatever service provider you have without AOL’s stuff…

first time i heard of this. BUT a lot of posts are just fine.

Well, your IP is shared by two other uses because AOL uses about three or four central routing hubs across the country with a limited number of IPs assigned. However, none of them are banned so I do not have an answer for you…

thanks for the info. ive never had a problem like this before on any forum. let’s see what the General can do…

Not that I’ve looked into it, more than likely you have in the past shared an IP with a banned user who also shared your particular AOL routing hub (you have several dozen different AOL IPs). I imagine that if you log off AOL and try again after rebooting then it might work…

snafu ???

Not really…

BTW, thread title changed for reasons of differentiation.

I think the problem here is I went to a newer ISP version. im going back to the previous and see if things improve

Why in the name of God would you use AOL at all? It’s a slow browser rife with spam and and clunky adware…

its free !!! yeah i know it has disadvantages. I use my own adware/spyware. and it has a spam filter. also it has up to 6 diff acounts if you want to change screen names.

slow browser you say??? fast enough with TWC broad band.

You’d be much faster downloading Firefox and just using your local provider without the filter of AOL…

yeah i know. that’s what i use for downloading. BTY firefox is under the same browser attacks as IE. no diff. its far from safe. I get updates on both every day.
click on the speed test. run it and find out what yours is.

as you can see mine is much faster if I use road runner. just a thought here. wonder if they would consider a science and technology forum??? sub forum computers. for guys who have PC problems. they could post it there and maybe get help from other members.