silly reasons for banning

dont get me wrong i’m not trying to be rude but what are silly reasons for short term banning? i was banned for 2 weeks for" insesent drive" when all i was doing was posting when i had nothing to do when i was home alone.

First of all the reasons for a member to get banned are not silly. Sillyness can be a triggering factor to get banned though.
In the past you have been warned and subsequently infracted since you chose to ignore the mods’ advice. However I can’t remember a 2-week banning.
Basically you answered your questions yourself: You posted/started threads for the sake of posting/starting threads, meaning because you “had nothing to do”, you “were home alone” or -as you admitted in a past explanation- wanted to achieve a certain rank. All these reasons are not suitable on a serious forum to concern with (mostly) sensitive topics. At this point I could start and quote some of your posts/threads objected by the staff but this would exceed my eagerness. Just a little statistic: Of 19 threads you started, 8 have been closed by different mods. Others were absolutely identical (stalag 13d prisoners & M-Stammlager Xlll-D).
So, stop griping and start thinking. You’re 15 years old, there are people on the forum dealing with the topics in question for decades. Read & learn.

Silly posts by silly posters will do it every time.

This is an area in which you excel. Indeed, the only area in which you excel on this forum.

I have no idea what ‘insesent drive’ might be, beyond the sort of love potion offered to one by unsolicited emails, but ‘incessant drivel’ might be closer to the mark in your case. And you’re not doing anything to alter that perception.

Oh, boo hoo!

You poor little boy.

So, you think that being quite understandably abandoned by your long suffering parents means that we have to put up with your shit because you’re bored and lonely? No, it doesn’t.

This site welcomes youngsters who have an interest in WWII and related matters and who behave themselves, but if you want to be a toxic juvenile jerk and mix it with the adults here (a good proportion of whom have served in the military and who so far have generally showed you vastly more respect than you have showed them, when they have earned your respect but not vice versa) then expect to get slapped down like the snotty nosed little kid you are.

Here are your options: Behave as a respectful youngster; or grow up; or fuck off.

If you have any objections to the behaviour of the mods, you should take it up with the chief moderator (Firefly). If you do not feel he has given you a satisfactory answer, then contact the site administrator (Procyon), although you should not do this until you have gone through the whole process with Firefly.

Note that FF has a high level of commitment supporting ongoing operations in Iraq/Afghanistan, so you may not get a prompt reply from him. He will get to it eventually though.

And with that, this topic is locked.

And since you brought it up, here are the PMs telling you of your formal warning and your infraction points, along with the offending post(s).

This was given for this post, which is in fact two merged into one using my mod superpowers:

Next,

The post linked to this infraction appears to have been permanently deleted.

I’m sure FF will be boundlessly empathetic…:smiley:

Well, if you don’t like the short term ban, try a permanent one! :wink: