Singapore Arms

I am residing in singapore yet, am no a singaporean. Having been live here for few years, I noted that this very small island country seems dont want to be left behind in arms race.:neutral:

Recently they bought Apaches, Leopard 2s, 155 howitzer, AMRAAM, upgraded their F 16 and purchased 2nd hand F15. And this not to mentioned at least couple of hired Gurkha batallion.:mrgreen:

With land size of 270sqm or about 700 Square Km,… does it really necessary for this country to be equipped such an sophisticated armory? especially when you have the 7th Fleet’s base in your country.:rolleyes::confused:

The northern border of the country is Malaysia,. and the southern part is Indonesia,. both by all means are tame,. and if either of country intend to occupy the tiny island, by all mean,. this can be done in a very fast tempo, despite the full arrays of equiments. And only international intervention would save the country.

This was tried before by the indonesian, the marines managed to inflitrated as far the orchard road, and some few hundred thousands if not millions volunteers ready to land of the shore,… it was the British and Australian surpress the action. And US,.by removing the, was then, current leader Soekarno.

Yes, that’s a funny thing :smiley:
Like Finnland you bought some old models (4 Types built December 1985 until March 1992) of the Leopard Tanks (Leopard 2A4).

If your government would have bought some less, but newer Vehicles (or would have waited some time for the new ‘Streetfight Model’) your government would have done a quite better deal in my opinion.

I know that you bought several other vehicles too this time, but i wonder if you also got some of the new gear for the tanks, or if you let them modify them to meet the modern standards?

PS: That remembers me of the happening when the Austrian’s wanted to celebrate the anniversairy of the Heereslogistikzentrum Wels and hadn’t enough tanks LOL so the Panzertruppenschule got some from us (also older A4’s) and then they painted the tanks in a Leopard-Pattern - damn that looked hillarious :smiley: :smiley: