Site about World War 2 in Yugoslavia

I found an interesting site covering World War 2 in Yugoslavia. It has information on all sides involved in it (restricted to their involvement IN Yugoslavia).

http://www.vojska.net/eng/world-war-2/

It offers different languages, for most Croatian, English and Serbian, but also Italian, German, Russian, Czech, Bosnian etc.

You can often find informaiton on hardly known topics, but sometimes you might get surprised about some missing stuff, which can sometimes be found then under another lanugueage. For example, a biography of Josip Broz Tito is only available in Bosnian (and there it is a long and detailed one), while in English, he is only mentioned.

It also has some information regarding other stuff, modern armies for example.

In the mid ‘70’s I served at Ft. Bragg with a Special Forces Sergeant Major named Zabados (my phonetic pronunciation, I don’t recall how his name was spelled).
He was Yugoslavian and as a teenager during WWII had been with of Tito’s partisans. He was part of an anti-aircraft unit which had shot down a US P-51!
After he came to the states he meet the pilot of the Mustang he had helped down. He showed me a newspaper clipping reporting this meeting so I’m pretty sure it is true.

Could be very well, shortly after WW2 there were some cases of shot down aircrafts for border crossings etc., Cold War had started.
Also, there was a clash between the Soviet Air Force and US P-38s in which the P38s attacked a Soviet troop column around Niš (Serbia). The Soviets took off then with their Yaks and the US and Soviet planes were fighting, with some 10 planes getting destroyed (the exact numbers are hard to obtain, both sides claimed to have lost fewer aircraft than the enemy).

Or, it could be simply friendly fire.

Zabados, an interesting name, he could be Hungarian origin.

I rented an apartment once from a guy who fought with Mihaihovich. He had beed severely wounded, with his are fused at an angle in the elbow. Wasn’t into history much back then, so I didn’t talk to him much about the war. Ah, the questions that I have now!

2 things which I didn’t quite understand:

1. This is probably since I am not a native speaker. Do you mean he fought AGAINST Mihajlović or did he fight as one of his Četniks against the Partisans?

2. “with his are fused at an angle in the elbow” - Sorry, I simply do not understand it :confused: