Sitemap Fixed

Hi,

I fixed the sitemap today which did not properly reload. Sitemaps are useful for search engine robots, but do not add/remove to the user experience. Still wanted to let everybody know that it is fixed just in case somebody saw that it was broken. :smiley:

I don’t know what’s broken but my script looks more screwed up than ever…(still using Opera).

Me too, using Firefox, but it seems more pronounced when in the Mod Room. Also, I deleted the saved browser link off my browser tool bar and reset with the newer site link.

The latest version is an AAA*** grade disaster.

In Explorer and Firefox it comes up sometimes in something approximating a normal forum display, but most of the time it comes up in a display from a crap chatroom from about 1996 with overprinting on overprinting on various headings.

Utterly useless most of the time!

If this is the best the software can do, it’s developers should be ****ed and burnt!

P.S. This is on three different computers. One desktop cable at home. One wireless laptop at various locations. Another desktop through work’s magnificent system.

Seconded, I feel like it’s getting worse.

Now it’s managing to combine my post with FTG’s previous post to which I was responding, assuming it manages to maintain a consistent picture which hasn’t happened so far: http://www.ww2incolor.com/forum/showthread.php?13121-Hey!-Soldier-Letters-Written-to-George-F-Lutz-a-WWII-Soldier-at-Fort-Wheeler-GA&p=187102#post187102

This is consistent with these and other problems on another forum I’m on, which suggest that VBulletin is becoming more and more crap forum software.

EDIT: I tried to add a fresh post on related topic but after countless clicks on Reply with the stupid wheel spinning I went for Edit, and here I am.

Now FTG’s post in the Hey! Soldier forum appears correctly, which is a refreshing change for anything on this forum lately.

There is a serious problem with this and other VBulletin forums, or I’ve just been unlucky enough to be on the only two that are consistently crap in display and functions.

VBulletin is probably resting on its (already relatively unimpressive) laurels. I just wonder if there are hacks in the software here making a clean update difficult…

Incidentally, the site is running smooth for me thus far. Usually by the third or fourth click I get a script error ****ing up everything. So far, so good…

Yo. Whenever I log in at home the site either gives me the simplified moble version or an expanded text-only version of the forum… When I try to undo the moble version I can’t get very far because the site tells me that what I’m looking for can’t be found. This includes searching for members, looking in the subboards, or going to my profile. Any ideas?

RS*'s link shows what happens to me, but on a lighter scale.

I had thought the trouble had passed, but mine is showing the same things again whether using fire fox ,or Explorer.

Things seem to be loading now, except everything is back to its stretched out form…

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/4962/captureasd.jpg

what he said…

Mine is worse.

If I was the site owner and wanted to ensure that nobody could be bothered even viewing this site on their first visit, I’d make sure it was as useless as it has been for some time with most functions not working, from reply with quote to emoticons being unworkable, and then add the latest frustrations with an inability to get a normal display but instead having useless overprinting rubbish for various forums and threads which don’t work when clicked on.

Whenever I’ve viewed such a miserable and inoperative site on my first visit I’ve never gone back again.

I’m not disposed to waste much more of my time trying to navigate the current disaster, which means that new visitors will be very much less likely to come back as they lack my long term commitment to this site.

Unless these problems are fixed promptly, this site is on the way out and will be dead in a few weeks at least and a few months at most.

My screen looks like the picture Churchill posted, definitely hard to navigate.

For, it’s an off-and-on-again thing. I’ll click on and get the normal forum, then after a few clicks it becomes very ticky. I don’t know why this version should be so unstable…

China may be hacking the Site for military secrets. :wink: