Site's Google ranking

Hey,

I thought I’d give you guys an update on what I’ve been working on. I am pretty good at improving search engine rankings, so I’ve been busy with that.
Now we are listed in the top 10 for those keywords:
ww2
ww2 forum
ww2 forums

and in the top 25 for “world war 2”

Previously the problem was that for the first 3 terms, ww2incolor ranked only in the top 20. Being on page 2 on google makes it of course less likely that somebody would find us. Being on page 1 now should bring us new users to the forum.
Voila…that’s all for now.

That’s a major factor in people registering. When the Rotharmy.com forum was in existence, the search engine ranking was number 1 for anyone using “the Googles” for one David Lee Roth and one of the top sites for “Van Halen”…Other Van Halen-related sites caught on and began improving their rankings…

Definitely important to get onto the 1st page on Google, I cant remember when I looked at anything but the 1st page.

You might want to look at SEO for “wwii”, as that’s the search term I use most often and it has plenty of results. I’ve never thought of using WW2. WWII is a common abbreviation for many other people.

From my observation when googling various topics, WWIIIC ranks on the first page, often the first or close to it result, on topics which have been raised in the fourm.

thanks for the input.