Skorzeny vs Chruchill

who do u think was the greater croquet player, i think Chruchill most defiantly was, even though he was a disappointment during the inter forum underwater soot juggling championships because his cigar kept going out.

:wink:

He was also very upset at the time because it watered down his brandy and so was off his game.

As for the croquet, he did have problems with seeing the ball on account of the pie-eating belly.

stalin rox0rs he is the pw0r iof croquet. He is my favoirte playa. He 2 good for u.

I dont know, if you look clearly at Skorzthingy you can see the obvious crockett dueling scars. In this photo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otto_Skorzeny

he has obviusly been man enough to take a Number 4 Masher to the left side of his face and still come back laughing. So Im not convinced that Churchill would have bested him.

Crab, am I missing something?

:smiley: :lol: :lol: :lol: Guys, have mercy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

churchill?,man,that fat happy and good boy,never can beat the skorzeny!,he had that impact on his face when playing croquet!

churchill wood of got his servent to pin scorzaisi out on the cricket lawn with the hoop things

Actually during WW2 Churchill was already quite old. When he was a young man, he led quite an adventurous life.
He was a cavalry officer during the last British cavalry charge in Sudan, he was involved as a young Lieutenant in the Spanish American war in Cuba, he fought on the North-West Frontier in India, where OBL is currently hiding.
He fought in the second Boer war in South Africa. He got captured but managed to escape through about 1000 km enemy territory.
After his failure as First Lord of the Navy (Gallipoli) in WW1, he joined his regiment and fought in the trenches in Flanders.
One thing you can’t accuse him of was being a coward.
(He is one of my favourite politicians)

Jan

who said that?

To be picky Jan, Winston was a correspondent, (for the Times I think) and so not a true combatant.

who said that?[/quote]

Walther did.
:lol:

lol

yes very amusing

oh look so has mine!

sorry i couldnt get the enlarged picture, basically it shows England and France showing Italy and Germany there kids

while Germany and Italy have the winning cards and all?
understand the picture now, it was printed in a Australian newspaper in in 1939 i think

[quote=“2nd_of_foot”]

To be picky Jan, Winston was a correspondent, (for the Times I think) and so not a true combatant.[/quote]

During the Boer war he was both, IIRC, he went there as a correspondent, his capture happened when a train on which he was riding as a correspondent was attacked by a Boer commando, Churchill took charge, but was captured. After he escaped and returned to the british lines, he was reactivated as a soldier.

Jan

No Walther, that was Simon York.

Well, I’ve got to check Churchill’s autobiography. I’ve got it here in my bookshelf. It is a while ago since I read it.

Jan

Check your PMs Jan.

Ok, I checked it. Churchill went to South Africa as a war correspondent with Buller’s staff. He got captured when an armoured train he was on got caught in an ambush. He was brought to a POW camp in Pretoria. He escaped from there and managed to travel for 500 km through enemy territory to Maputo, Mocambique. From there he returned back to the British lines and requested (and got granted) a commision as a Lieutenant with the South African Light Horse, an irregular cavalry unit, a part of Dundonald’s cavalry brigade. He fought with them at Spion Kop and the relief of Ladysmith, plus operations inside the Orange Freestate and the capture of Pretoria. At the end of the war he returned home to Britain, leaving the army and started his career as politician.

Jan