Slow...

Yup, traffic has increased again and we’re using way more resources than the server can handle, meaning it’s time again to upgrade. I’ll see what I’m gonna go for. The next cheapest option is $289/month. The ideal solution is $399/month, but that’s too much if you ask me.

Unfortunately, I’m gonna have to add some more ads to pay for this. Hope you guys can understand…I rather have this site load quickly than be freaking slow.

Just FYI that buy posters link at the top brought in $7 in a month. So again, unfortunately, not enough. I’ll leave it there, as it might pick up, but I highly doubt it. Adding a banner to the picture page should bring $2/day - not much you might say, but right now I’m paying $229/month for hosting, so that would be sufficient for the ‘not so ideal but better’ solution, which costs $289/month.
Food for thought: The only way sites like wikipedia exist is through donations and that’s why I’m having the $19.99 picture donation on the site.

Fully understood, do what you must.

That banner might be our solution. So far so good…will report back when I have more statistics.

Ok, it looks like it will pay for the server upgrade. I put in a upgrade request, but the host has to check for availabilities first. Might take a few days before a server is available. I’ll let you guys know when the approximate downtime will be.

Server upgrade will be from 2AM-6PM EST.

Upgrade has been done.

Oh, must’ve overslept the downtime…:wink: