sniper pics

are there any sniper pictures out there.

there should really be a search for the images on this site :stuck_out_tongue:

This should get you started:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Is this good what you think Caliber

lol, good one pdf27!!

LOL.

as per the actual pic. tis ok. but if there is anything bigger. or that shows the whole body, not just the face.

lolā€¦thats good. iā€™ve have a couple.

LoL :slight_smile: :lol:
N/C

that is dam funny bro keep it up!!

I always like this picture.

Ah Very good lads keep it upā€¦oh yesā€¦Iā€™m back from a really long holiday! Well itā€™s good to see all the regulars again! Happy Posting.

Clearly posed ā€“ poking his muzzle out of that loophole would, in combat, be an extremely foolish thing to do.

For information, it is a P14 sniper, otherwise known as the No.3 Mk.I (T). I donā€™t exactly know which telescope that is, since they are not my area of expertise.

Regarding Canadian Snipers and the Ross Rifle

From: ā€œOut of Nowhere: A History of the Military Sniperā€, by Martin Pegler,Osprey, 2004, (pp 134-139) and ā€œSmall Arms of the Worldā€, by Edward Clinton Ezell, Stackpole Books, 1977, (pp 196-197)

Thereā€™s really no need to post the same thing onto adjacent threats, especially when itā€™s long!

Just wondering, what book is the first stuff out of, and which issue of Small Arms of the World is the latter from?

I know, it dawned on me after I posted on the adjacent thread that this is where I originally intended to post.

ā€œOut of Nowhere: A History of the Military Sniperā€, by Martin Pegler,Osprey, 2004, (pp 134-139) (it is on the original post)

and

ā€œSmall Arms of the Worldā€ 11th Revised Edition (A completely new and revised version of the classic work by W.H.B. Smith), by Edward Clinton Ezell, Stackpole Books, 1977, (pp 196-197)

My SAOTW is only 10th edition, which would explain the difference. Some of the even earlier editions from the 1960s have more information on older designs than the later ones.

Clearly posed ā€“ poking his muzzle out of that loophole would, in combat, be an extremely foolish thing to do.

For information, it is a P14 sniper, otherwise known as the No.3 Mk.I (T). I donā€™t exactly know which telescope that is, since they are not my area of expertise.[/quote]

MoS, you are correct in identifying the rifle as a P14 sniper [No. 3 Mk. I (T)]. It is mated to a Warner and Swasey scope.

You might find the following interesting. Appears to be the same sniper from a different pose.

From: ā€œOut of Nowhere: A History of the Military Sniperā€, by Martin Pegler,Osprey, 2004, (p 226)

From: ā€œOut of Nowhere: A History of the Military Sniperā€, by Martin Pegler,Osprey, 2004, (p 156)

From: ā€œOut of Nowhere: A History of the Military Sniperā€, by Martin Pegler,Osprey, 2004, (p 135)

thats an excellent read, and I think it is the same sniper in a differnt pose.

Thank you :smiley:

It would be interesting to know exactly how many Ross rifles were use by Canadian snipers during WWII. According to the information above some were sent overseas in 1939.

Nice looking rifle the sniper ā€œPatternā€ , not sure about those ā€œprismaticā€ scopeā€¦ was effective as the telescopic sightsā€¦?