So how about MP-40 and Thompson?

yes its quite hard to choose between Kar 98 and Mosi Nagant. but here comes another chance: which one will u choose? MP-40 or Thompson? which one is more lethal? if u can offer not only ur choice but also the reason why u choose it will be better :stuck_out_tongue:

The Thompson is much more accurate and lethal than the MP-40. The Thompson has a greater range than the MP-40 as well.

Iā€™ve fired a Thompson (in full automatic), and it rather easy to control. The only bad thing about the Thompson is the weight and the length of the weapon itself.

The effective combat range of the two weapons is more or less the same, the .45 bullet ā€œarcedā€ a little more because is a slower one.

Aniway the Thompson effectivenes in close combat range is bigger because the fat, heavy 11,4 mm bullet at 800 rpm.

MP-40 shootingā€¦ 8)

http://www.zippyvideos.com/3474885653952696/mp-40_abuela/

Donā€™t mess with Granny :lol:

Defentliy Mp 40 becuse of his 32 bullets and i like german wepons!

Thompson coz it has 20 .45 cal bullets and it looks cooler than the mp 40 :smiley:

Thompson coz it has 20 .45 cal bullets and it looks cooler than the mp 40 :D[/quote]

Which Thompson though ?

Get a 1928A1, if youā€™re strong enough you can carry the 50 rd drum - and if built like Garth the 100 rd mag !
Makes 32 rds of 9 x 19 look silly.

i dont like it that one with the drum it looks like a instrument to play music an the mp 40 is a real nice weapon ready for fire nad easy to handle the thompson is something for covering fire

The Thompson is like the Cadillac of SMGā€™s, on the other side, the MP40 is more like the Jeep of SMGā€™s.

I would, however, prefer the Thompson (any model, but preferably a 1928A1) because the weight of the Thompson keeps it controlable in automatic fire, and the length of it makes it more accurate than the MP40. I also prefer the .45 ACP cartridge over the 9mm cartridge because of stopping power.

The Tommy gun 50 round drum magazine was veeeery rarely used after 1940 because it was found very unreliable in combat conditions.

Yeah, anything over 30 rounds was very rarely seen because they were noisey, cumbersome, and unreliable. However, the Russians seemed to perfect the drum magazine on the PPSH.

Maybe they have.

A nice video of a M1921 semi auto shots

http://media.putfile.com/Thompson-M1921

And a very ironic imageā€¦ :roll:

:lol:

I like the caption at the top ā€œSold only to those on the side of Law and Orderā€

I like the caption at the top ā€œSold only to those on the side of Law and Orderā€

Pretty amusing one, considering that there was no a real gun regulation law in USA until 1934.

MP_40 with silencer.

Panzerknacker, did the Germans have silenced MP-40s?

Yes , but in a very limited fashion, most of them going to the Brandenburger special forces and the Waffen SS, a operation in wich this were used was the attemp of SS paratroopes to capture Tito.

I never new that, itā€™s something a bit different I can add on to my models!

And complementing a little my later , there was also a development for the bullets , that was the Nahpatrones ( shot for Nahkampzpatronen= close combat cartrigde). Those are identificable for his green steel case.

There was development in the 9mm luger and also in the 7,92mm Mauser cartrigde, both mounted a heavier and slower bullet that usual to make the silencer (schalldamper in german) more effective, the muzzle speed in the pistol cartrigde was 285m/s and 301 m/s in the longer rifle cartrigde.

As I say before the use of this were limited mostly in the night antipatisan operation, the quieter bullet was very usable sniping a sentry in a camp ( like the french resistance, soviet guerrila, etc) allowing a surprise attack.

In the open field of a major battle the shorter range of those wanst precisely an advantage.

There was developed silencers for every german weapon with the exception of the Luftwaffe s FG-42.