Some of my WWII pics

Well, I used to help some old cropduster pilot back in the late 90s down in South Texas. He also happened to stockpile a bunch of WWII “junk”. Here are some of the pics of his operation (which is now gone as he died of a heartattack some years back). The place is empty now, but it was a great place to learn about WWII and even drive a Patton tank:)

brit.jpg

bunker1.jpg

cabot1.jpg

cabot2.jpg

camper1.jpg

more pics…

fw1.jpg

fw3.jpg

garage1.jpg

german1.jpg

And more…

jap1.jpg

pancho1.jpg

patton.jpg

pby.jpg

pic1.jpg

Lastly…

russian1.jpg

weasel.jpg

Awesome pics! :smiley: Would love to see those up close.

Great pics WW2Admin,

Was that in Harlingen, Texas - former home of the old Confederate Air Force?

I wonder if any of the Pacific Theater material ended up at the Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg, Texas. I was there in 1993 and they had a pretty impressive collection both at their indoor and open air museums.

http://www.nimitz-museum.org/

http://www.nimitz-museum.org/nimitz_museum.htm

Thanks Sandworm.

George, close, but no, it was a smaller town just to the East of Harlingen called RIO HONDO and back in the mid 90s the Discovery Channel did a little documentary about this guy and his collection. He had many more items, I just don’t have any pics of the rest of his material. I do remember he had a T6 Texan, lots of piper cubs, tons of WW1 stuff, and the island tower for the USS IWO JIMA helicopter carrier. He also had the Fisler Storch, minus the frabic covering. Not sure what happened to it. I would sit in the Fw190 cockpit all the time…just jumped in there and imagined myself taking off in defense of Berlin:) I remember when they took out some of the canons from the wings and it was still loaded with live rounds!

Re: Nimitz–it has come a long way. I live just half an hour south of that and usually go to their Pacific Combat reenactments. They are getting better. I remember when I first visited I wasn’ that impressed. But I’ve gone back and since and they are getting lots of great stuff and awesome funding. Now they have Hollywood special effects and prop masters doing their work.

That’s awesome ww2admin,

Still had live rounds on the Fw190. Man that’s cool. :slight_smile:

Looks like I’ll have to pay another visit to the Nimitz Museum in Fredericksburg.
I used to live in Houston back in the 70’s. Still have relatives in Dallas and Waco, Texas.

Now you have an “excuse” to come down:)

Good pics. There is some gut here in Wisconsin who has a private collection of a bunch of military stuff. He is loacated just off the hwy. I stopped and took some pics from the side of the road once. He has all kinds of neat stuff, no FW’s though.

Feel free to share them Laconia! Always interested.

Where in Wisconsin? My folks live near Franklin and Berlin, Wi.

Thanks for the photos Admin. It seems you go out from “shade”.

That’s nice.Defence Berlin from who is? Allies strategic bombers or soviet aviation :wink:

Cheers.

Don’t worry Russkie, I am talking about against Allied bombers:)

OK. I’ll have to dig them up. I live in Southwest WI, just south of Platteville. That military stuff was near Kenosha, just across the state line.

OK, WW2Admin. Here are some pics of military equipment that were on display at the WW2 Memorial in D.C. at the dedication time. Couldn’t find those pics of the place in WI.

More Pics

A few more.

In the nearest city there is a Sherman in the middle of it. You want a picture.

Sure! How did you like “Honey” and the .50 cal and .30 water cooled on the half track?

Laconia,
Glad to see the pics and thanks for sharing!