Sound Gun

this was writen by one of my fellow soldiers of the 35th infantry division named Riffle

Although I don’t have a lot of info on it, I found out about a sound gun that the Germans were inventing during WWII. It was a cannon that shot out a very loud sound (forgot how many decibles). It would instantly kill anyone within about 50 feet of it and for a ways farther back it would seriously wound people. This gun was never acutally used in WWII but could have probably been. Anyone who can find more precise and detailed info about this please post it hear.

if yall can get some info on this he would be happy

THX

I’ll have a look about, but I don’t think it was lethal.

In 1944, the Axis was experimenting with new weapons. There is such thing as a sound gun that was tested. It was the brainchild of Albert Spear, Hitler’s armaments minister. The gun worked by igniting a mixture of methane and oxygen in a resonant chamber. This created a chain of explosions, up to 1500 a second, which sent out a powerful and focused beam of sound, which was amplified by parabolic receptors. The pressure of the sound was unendurable. It was the same as being plunged 30 feet beneath the sea, in terms of pressure, and yet that pressure being reversed 100’s of times a second. It was a vibrating sound which could penetrate the human body and idea was that you could disrupt the brain and disrupt the heart.

German records estimated that the sound gun would take ½ a minute to kill a man standing within could 100 yards and seriously injure anyone standing within 300 yards. This gun was lethal, but to big and was never used in battle.

Source
http://www.thefuselage.com/Threaded/archive/index.php/t-30457.html

I beleive experiments have been conducted on similar devices for crowd control.

I can understand it being lethal within 100yds, but I can’t see it being actually used to kill. Sway it around the battlefield and the attackers would be slowed down.

Sit holding towards someone for 30 seconds + who is only 100yds away, and his mate will put one in you or sure!!!

I mean my 1000ydstare is lethal if it pointed towards someone for 7 days!!!

Don’t even want to think how they figured out it was lethal!!!

my rug can kill some one if it wanted too. It has a mind of its own! :lol:

SOUND CANNON
This sounds like WW II sci-fi but it was real enough. It consisted of several firing chamber tubes where a mixture of methane and oxygen was ignited continuously to produce high-intensity shock waves that were directed by several 10-foot parabolic dishes at enemy soldiers. At fifty yards a thirty-second dose would be deadly and at 250 yards the exposure would incapacitate. It worked and had real battlefield possibilities but for unknown reasons it was never put into use.

Note- this was NOT the electronic device that exists today.

This could possibly be a good weapon for crowd control etc. If it could only reach 250 meters though I can’t think of a battlefied possibility for it as a 10 foot dish is quite large from that range.

Depending on circumstances and if you could throw them on HT’s you may have an effective anti-Partisan/CQB weapon for flushing out buildings etc.

thanks guys yall where a big help

Exactly how long do you think a 10 foot parabolic reflector would last on a battlefield?

You could mount it on a tank maybe? Use it for flushing out enemy troops?

or maybe use that as a trap in street to street battle against soviet

As MoS said, regardless of mounting veh, it wouldn’t last two long, with shrapnel and bullet damage to the dish.

Well if this is a photo of it, it doesnt look portable at all.

Firefly do you amybe have a bigger picture please?

What was it called?

This sounds like something that can be used for in forts or a possition where it is permanently fixed, but it would not last in battle because of grenades, guns, tanks and aircraft.

Henk

You can always try and enlarge it, but too big to be practcable and not enough range either. A no-hoper I think in battle. Maybe OK for crowd control?

Can you tell me the name of this project please?

Henk

Maybe Twitch-1 can help, I know nothing about it.

Thank you anyway Firefly.

Henk

I never thought I’d see the day I’d offer up the Fortean Times as a source, but sadly, it’s a good article and I therefore must!

http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/153_sonicweapons.shtml

The electronic sound weapon exists NOW and has been used in riot control for over a year! Been shown on TV in the L.A. area at least twice. It ain’t sci-fi. It’s a law enforcement tool…