Space: 1999

The Eagle Transporters were used by Moonbase Alpha personnel in the series Space: 1999. The Eagles were modular in design, with different modules used in the centre section depending on mission.

The Eagles used nuclear fusion rockets for propulsion and were equipped with gravity shielding which allowed them to accelerate to 15% of light speed.

Space: 1999 was created by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson, and was first broadcast in the UK in 1975.

Eagle Transporter with Passenger Module

Eagle Transporter with Rescue Module

Eagle Transporter with Cargo Module

Wow ! your drawings bring back lots of memories !
what a great show it was !
will you do some more ?
I would like to see the submarine and the attached plane…

I will try… :slight_smile:

Thanks for posting these Clave! I’d pretty much forgotten this show. I remember watching it as a kid. I had the Eagle Transporter toy that looked like the top picture. The front and back were removable and clicked together to make a scout ship. Then there were four or five little figures that came with it also.

I like the drawings a lot!

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Eagle Transporter with Lab Module

Beautiful pics, Clave :slight_smile:
The “Hawk” was the Scout craft, I think, and the “Falcon” the Fightercraft, tho I could be in error.

Kind Regards, Uyraell.

I will look for them… :slight_smile:

Clave, on the “Hawk” and “Falcon” I think you’ll find the cockpit sections slightly narrower and more pointed than “Eagle” series craft. Body-wise, both appear as somewhat truncated Eagles, and with larger, differing powerplants. Both craft are much shorter than Eagles, being that in one case recon gear was carried, and in the other, armaments.

Kind Regards my friend, Uyraell.