Spitfire Mk XVIII & XIX

Done!

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIII FR - 28 Squadron RAF 1948

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIII FR - Indian Air Force 1948

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVIII - 60 Squadron RAF 1948

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIX - 2 Squadron RAF 1950

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIX - Thai Air Force 1954

Supermarine Spitfire Mk XIX - Turkish Air Force 1950

Last three and the Indian one look really cool, but they’re all really well made.

Nice colour plates,

is there any reason why the Mk XIX went back to the older style sliding canopy when the Mk XVIII had the bubble type?

The whole history of the Spitfire is a case of ‘parallel development’ so the model numbers are not strictly meaningful…

For example the Mark 16 was developed from the Mark 9, but when it came into service, the Mark 14 with the Griffon Engine had already been finished…

I’m no expert mind you, I just draw them… :smiley:

Thanks for that, once again nice work

I would call it talent;) Better than the crap they have in books.
What kind of stuff do you use for the plates? Photoshop?

Adobe Illustrator for 99% of it - I only use Photoshop to join the final picture to the background… :slight_smile:

I see!

These are pretty awesome, what program you use

Adobe Illustrator for 99% of it…

Very well made, keep it up!

Yeah little bit of an understatement to say you “just draw them” ;),…and now I’ve noticed all your others, excellent mate.

Who do you illustrate for if I may ask?

Just for fun - I’m strictly a beginner.

I have done a couple of commissions, but that side of things seems to have gone very quiet lately… :neutral:

Good work there…by the way Clave…is just me Pc or ww2aircraft.net ist kaput ? :shock:

Beautiful work Clave. Thanks for taking the time to post it. Besides this forum I belong to “The Diecast Aviation Website and Forum”. They have an aviation art section there and I think they would be very impressed with your work also. Again thanks for posting.

Like you Clave I am also a very much into Spitfires. I would like to know what you used as reference material to get all the info on the colors, camouflage and markings of the Spitfires? That would be helpful to me to see if there is another book to buy or website to check out. Thanks

Just use Google and Altavista, and keep digging, there are also a huge number of books out there, I couldn’t begin to list them…